LEXINGTON, Ky. (9/2/2013) – In the continuing effort to raise awareness of the dangers of consuming alcohol during pregnancy, the SAMHSA FASD Center for Excellence will host a Webinar on September 9, 2013, International FASD Awareness Day.
“Preventing Alcohol Use during Pregnancy – Applying New Solutions to Ongoing Needs” will highlight valuable information for our audience as well as individuals who may be new to the topic of FASD, but who are interested in preventing drinking during pregnancy.
The program will feature:
•Dr. Susan Astley, University of Washington, who will serve as facilitator as well as provide background information on FASD and reflect on the 40th anniversary of the coining of the term, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS).
•A presentation from Dr. Margaret Ellen Mattson, SAMHSA’s Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality (CBHSQ), on incidences of women drinking during pregnancy from SAMHSA’s National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), and Jamie Reinebold, Memorial Hospital of South Bend, presenting Screening and Brief Intervention (SBI) data (by trimesters).
•Strategies to prevent alcohol consumption during pregnancy in public health and community settings presented by Paulette Romashko, ARC Community Services; Helen Weinstein, The Erie County Council for the Prevention of Alcohol and Substance Abuse, Inc.; Laura Nagle, Kentucky State FASD Coordinator; and Jamie Reinebold, Memorial Hospital of South Bend (Indiana).
•A question and answer session following the formal presentations.
This free Webinar will occur from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time) on September 9, 2013.
To join the Webinar, follow these steps:
1. Copy this address and paste into your Web browser: https://ngc.webex.com You may join the meeting up to five minutes before the scheduled start time.
2. Copy and paste the required information and enter it when prompted:
Meeting Number: 650 055 271
Meeting Password: 73982737
3. Enter any other requested information and click “Join.” You may have to accept a download to use the Web conferencing application.
To join the Audio Conference, follow these steps:
1. Call one of the dial-in numbers approximately 15 minutes before the start time.
International direct: 1 857 244 8351
US Toll free: 1 877 809 7263
2. Once connected, follow the instructions provided over the phone. When prompted, enter in the Participant pass code: 739 827 37#
3. Depending on the conference call settings, you will be entered directly into the conference, or you will hear music until the conference begins.
We encourage all members of the Center’s audience to join us for this event, as increasing awareness among women about the risks of alcohol consumption during pregnancy can be achieved in a variety of settings in every community.
Information provided by Callie Gass, SAMHSA FASD Center for Excellence
Copyright 2013 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|< Prev||Next >|