GREENVILLE, Ky.(1/10/14) — Candidates and interested parties waited patiently outside the Muhlenberg County Clerk's office Tuesday as the clock struck 4 p.m. — the deadline for filing to run in the upcoming 2014 primaries and general election.
- Those who filed include current Judge-Executive Rick Newman, D-Greenville. Opposing Newman in the May primary will be Terrill Snodgrass, D-Greenville.
- Jan Yonts has filed to run for the position of Greenville Mayor.
- Freddie Jones will run for a position on the Greenville City Council.
- Gaylan Spurlin, D-Greenville, is unopposed in his run for the position of Muhlenberg County Clerk.
- Muhlenberg County Attorney Darris L. Russell, D-Greenville, will also run opposed.
- Current Muhlenberg Sheriff Curtis McGehee, D-Greenville, will run unopposed.
- Mark Curry, D-Greenville, the current Muhlenberg County Jailer, will run unopposed.
- Tony Lynn Armour, D-Central City, who serves as Muhlenberg County Coroner, will also have no opponents in his run for reelection.
- Bill Alward, D-South Carrollton, has no opponents filing to challenge his position as PVA.
- District 1 Constable, Rondal Lee Hambrick D- Central City, will run against Willie Parker-D.
- Two candidates have filed for the position of Magistrate-District 2. They include Terry Darrin Benton, R-Drakesboro, and Dwight Jordan, D-Beechmont.
- Four candidates will compete for the position of Magistrate in District 5. They include Charles Eddie Perry- D, Joe Glen Mitchell, D-Central City, Keith Dukes, D-South Carrollton, and Kevin Gunn, D-Central City.
- Democrat Darrin S. Albro of Greenville has filed to run for Constable-District 4, along with Jeffrey D. Keeton-D, and Jerry G. Aders-D.
- Incumbent Daniel Bowels, D-Greenville, will face Brett Wayne, D-Greenville and Brent Sherrod-D in the District 4 Magistrate race.
- Magistrate Cozy L. Chappell, representing District 4 will run unopposed.
- In the run for Constable in the county's District 2 Denny Blythe-D and Republican Jordan Mallory will compete for that position.
- Candidates for Magistrate in District 3 include incumbent Tommy Watkins-D, Brinkley B. King-D, Jason F. Phillips-D, and Herman Latham-D.
- In the primary election for Constable in District 3, candidates include Phil Harvell-D, Ricky Spears-D, Tommy Rose-D, and Jon L. Ford-D.
- Tim Franklin, D-Bremen, and Jim "J.J." Johnson, D-Central City, are both running in the Democratic primary for the position of Constable-District 5.
- Mayor Barry Shaver of Central City, has also filed for re-election.
- Allen Wayne Miller has filed for the position of Mayor of Bremen.
- Filing for a position on the city council in Central City were Jack Reno, Mike Jenkins, Mae Christmas, Shannon Coombs, Janet Hearld Brown, Jerry L. Mitchell, Richard "Dicky" Miller, Ellanee Lancaster, David Higgs, Brent Moore and Malcolm West.
- Bobby G. Creager will run for Mayor of Powderly.
SurfKY News Reporter
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|