Posted on 2/2/14

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department your social media marketing partner

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

3/13 - 16

Weather Sponsored by

1 DOW 17,084.49
+33.74 (0.20%)    
2 S&P 2,014.89
+1.46 (0.07%)    
3 NASDAQ 4,830.47
+19.68 (0.41%)    

Stock Report Sponsored by

3/13 - 16

Most Read This Week

October 06, 2015 4835

County Passes Occupational Tax Ordinance

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
October 07, 2015 4709

Alleged Attempt to Hide Meth in Doughnuts Results…

by SurfKY News
October 05, 2015 4073

Four Charged with Drug Offenses after Motel…

by SurfKY News
October 06, 2015 3767

Dawson Man Charged with Cultivating Marijuana,…

by SurfKY News
October 07, 2015 3210

Vehicle Overturns during Two-Car Collision

by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director

Most Read This Month

September 16, 2015 13363

Mining Accident Fatality - Update

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
September 30, 2015 11429

Dawson Woman Dead After Princeton Factory…

by SurfKY News

Stories Trending Now

October 08, 2015 1337

Madisonville Police Department Reports Released -…

by SurfKY News
October 08, 2015 1188

Hopkins County Health Department Food Scores Thru…

by SurfKY News
October 08, 2015 1134

Local Pastor's Son Filming Documentary about…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
October 08, 2015 869

Work Zone Lane Restriction on Pennyrile Pkwy Set…

by SurfKY News
October 08, 2015 767

Democratic Candidate for Governor Jack Conway…

by SurfKY News
October 08, 2015 751

Registration for Free 'Project Hire Kentucky'…

by SurfKY News
October 09, 2015 679

Travis Ipox Appointed as New Agency Manager of…

by SurfKY News
October 09, 2015 615

Hopkins District Court Fines Handed Down

by SurfKY News
October 08, 2015 609

UPDATE: Mortons Gap Boil Water Advisory Lifted

by SurfKY News
October 08, 2015 593

Guns - Stopping That One Person

by SurfKY News