MADISONVILLE, Ky. (1/29/14) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following report Jan. 29.
According to a Madisonville Fire Department report, fire personnel were dispatched to a single story Wells Avenue residence for a curtain fire caused by a candle flame extension.
Upon arrival, firefighters were greeted by Madisonville Police Officers, who had already evacuated the family and put out the fire.
Firefighters entered the home where they found a charred area above the window seal and ceiling above the point of origin and several burnt wires. A thermal imaging camera was used to check for fire extension, but nothing was found, the report said.The resident was advised the home was deemed safe and the wires would need to be replaced, the report said.
SurfKY News Reporter
Information Provided by the Madisonville Fire Department
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|