KENTUCKY (9/27/13) – SurfKY News would like to share with you what has happened on this day in history.
• 1660 - St Vincent de Paul, Vincentian Cong founder, dies
• 1825 - Railroad transportation is born with 1st track (Stockton-Darlington)
• 1864 - Jesse James' gang surprise attack train: 150 killed
• 1905 - 1st published blues composition forms sale, WC Handy Memphis Blues
• 1905 - The physics journal Annalen der Physik publishes Albert Einstein's paper "Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon Its Energy Content?", introducing the equation E=mc².
• 1908 - The first production of the Ford Model T automobile was built at the Piquette Plant in Detroit, Michigan.
• 1910 - 1st test flight of a twin-engined airplane (France)
• 1934 - Wilford Brimley, Salt Lake City Utah, actor (Gus-Our House, Cocoon)
• 1945 - Actor Richard Cromwell (35) weds actress Angela Lansbury (19) in Independence, California
• 1998 - Google is launched.
Information provided by historyorb.com
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|