KENTUCKY (10/7/13) – SurfKY News would like to share with you what has happened on this day in history.
• 1520 - 1st public burning of books in Netherlands, in Louvain
• 1913 - Henry Ford institutes moving assembly line
• 2001 - The U.S. invasion of Afghanistan starts with an air assault and covert operations on the ground.
• 1806 - Carbon paper patented in London by inventor Ralph Wedgewood
• 1968 - Motion Picture Association of America adopts film rating system
• 1993 - Nobel prize for literature awarded to Toni Morrison
• 1995 - "Cheers" actor Ted Danson (47) weds Academy Award-winning actress Mary Steenbergen (42)
• 1988 - Robin Givens files for divorce after 8-month marriage to Mike Tyson
• 1976 - Birthday/Oliver Hudson, American actor
Information provided by historyorb.com
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.
|< Prev||Next >|