firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (11/12/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following activity reports Tuesday, Nov. 12.

• MFD crews responded to a structure fire on Richmond Drive Saturday, Nov. 9 to check on the status of an extinguished electrical outlet fire.

About 10:57 a.m., MFD was alerted by the homeowner that she wanted firefighters to check and clear the structure to ensure the fire was totally out. The crew found a burned electrical outlet with parts of a power strip melted into the outlet. None of the breakers were tripped and the crew disabled the affected breaker. The refrigerator, which was connected to the electrical circuit, was switched to another outlet.

Crews advised the homeowner to have the wiring checked.

• On Sunday, Nov. 10 MFD responded to a fire inside Electro Cycle at 230 Baldwin Drive. At about 1:09 p.m., MFD was alerted by Central Dispatch that the fire was just inside the door.

Crews determined that the fire was contained inside a dust collection duct. There were no visible flames but the duct showed signs of being heated from the burning materials inside.

The maintenance personnel were advised to shut down the ventilation system and to cut power to equipment in the area. Water was used to cool the overheated duct and a thermal camera was used to determine if the fire had spread.

The fire was contained to the single duct, and crews continued to apply water on it until it had cooled enough to ensure there was no danger of re-ignition.

• An electrical short in a garbage disposal caused minor damage to an apartment on East Broadway. MFD received a report at 8:55 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 10 and determined the fire was in the C side of the apartment complex. A thermal image camera the fire was quickly discovered below and above the kitchen sink.

Crews forced air ventilation to vent smoke from the structure after opening the bedroom window in the apartment. It was determined that the fire had spread toward the cabinets, where a microwave was located. The apartment suffered minor smoke and water damage.

• An alarm activated at Baptist Health Hospital at 900 Hospital Drive at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12 was triggered by burned fan belts in the air handler unit of the mechanical room on the second floor of the East storage room.

Light smoke was visible in the hallway when crews arrived in the area where the alarm panel was located. Fire crews used both negative and positive ventilation fans to remove smoke from the structure.

SurfKY News
Information provided by Chief Steve Stolz

e-max.it: your social media marketing partner

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

In Other News...

Eastbound Lane Restriction on I-24 Tennessee River Bridge Set for Thursday

KENTUCKY (5/26/15) — The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet plans to restrict eastbound traffic to one lane on the… Read More

Hopkins Fiscal Court Public Safety Committee Meeting Cancelled

HOPKINS COUNTY, Ky. (5/27/15) — The Hopkins Fiscal Court Public Safety Committee special called meeting for Friday, May… Read More
1 DOW 18,162.99
+121.45 (0.67%)    
2 S&P 2,123.48
+19.28 (0.92%)    
3 NASDAQ 5,106.59
+73.84 (1.47%)    

Most Read This Week

May 22, 2015 7608

Madisonville Man Charged with First-Degree Rape

by SurfKY News
May 23, 2015 7371

Missing 5-Year-Old Boy Found

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
May 25, 2015 3441

Can Sunscreen Save Your Life?

by Melissa Patrick
May 21, 2015 3420

Police Charge Madisonville Man with Harassing…

by SurfKY News
May 26, 2015 2462

Mandarin House Gearing Up to Open Soon

by Gary Gates, SurfKY News

Most Read This Month

May 15, 2015 10840

New Madisonville Business In Full Operation Soon

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
May 15, 2015 7624

Investigation of Local Barber Shop Leads to Drug…

by SurfKY News

Stories Trending Now

May 26, 2015 2462

Mandarin House Gearing Up to Open Soon

by Gary Gates, SurfKY News
May 26, 2015 2398

Large Necklace on Rearview Mirror Lands Driver in…

by SurfKY News
May 27, 2015 2354

VIDEO: Sparks Fly Over Hanson Rezoning Issue

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
May 26, 2015 1831

Governor Announces Hopkins County as Kentucky…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
May 26, 2015 1566

Two Central City People Jailed on Meth Charges

by SurfKY News
May 26, 2015 1352

Veterans Honor Veterans

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
May 25, 2015 1144

‘Remembering Those That Paid All’

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
May 26, 2015 1115

Hopkins District Court Fines Handed Down

by SurfKY News
May 26, 2015 1097

Bremen Man Charged with Concealed Brass Knuckles…

by SurfKY News
May 26, 2015 1029

Teenager Injured during Multiple Rollover…

by SurfKY News