OWENSBORO, Ky. (6/2/14) — The 2014 Masters Athletic Challenge will be held June 4 - 21 in Daviess County and will feature racquetball, tennis, billiards, golf, swimming, bowling and cycling.
Formerly known as the Green River Regional Senior Games, this annual event promotes physical fitness and healthy competition among area residents age 50 and above.
The schedule is as follows:
- 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 4 – Racquetball (at Athenian YMCA)
- 8 a.m. Thursday, June 5 – Tennis (at Moreland Park)
- 10 a.m. Thursday, June 5 – Billiards (at Munday Activity Center)
- 7:30 a.m. Friday, June 6 – Golf (at Panther Creek Golf Course)
- 12 p.m. Saturday, June 7 – Swimming (at Owensboro HealthPark)
- 11:30 a.m. Thursday, June 12 – Bowling (at Diamond Lanes South)
- 9 a.m. Saturday, June 21 – Cycling (at Panther Creek Park)
The cost to participate is $5 per event; however, additional fees are required for golf ($25) and bowling ($13). This year’s games are being sponsored by Owensboro Health, Methodist Hospital, Daviess County Fiscal Court, Owensboro Parks & Recreation, YMCA and AARP.
“Masters Athletic Challenge is designed for individuals of all skill levels,” said coordinator Leslie Wilson, with GRADD. “Participants can even qualify to compete in the Kentucky State Senior Games in Frankfort this fall.”
Registration forms with complete details are available at the GRADD office, area senior citizen centers and local sporting goods stores; or you may register online at www.GRADD.com/MAC.For more information, please contact Leslie Wilson at (270) 926-4433.
Information provided by Woody Maglinger
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|