Pick Your Community: | Hopkins | Muhlenberg | Daviess | Christian | Henderson | Lakes | McCracken | Webster

Madisonville Fire Reports — December 24

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.

In Other News...

Owensboro Man Charged With DUI, Endangering Others

OWENSBORO, Ky. (9/2/14) — An Owensboro man was charged with operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of… Read More

Aaron Kizer to Perform at Rooster Booster on Thursday Sept. 4

OWENSBORO, Ky. (9/2/14) — Jennifer Elwell, CommonGround advocate and Communications Director for the Kentucky Corn… Read More

Most Read This Week (Site-Wide)

August 29, 2014 8564

Luke's Flea Market Vendors' Home Away…

in News by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
August 30, 2014 8259

One Hospitalized After Officer-Involved…

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
August 31, 2014 6216

Passenger in Officer-Involved Shooting…

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
August 29, 2014 4247

Business Spotlight - Magical Memories…

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
August 30, 2014 3284

Ponderosa Madisonville to Donate 10…

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director

Most Read Stories from Hopkins County

August 30, 2014 3284

Ponderosa Madisonville to Donate 10…

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
September 01, 2014 1788

Hopkins County Misdemeanor Indictments

in Top Stories by Karen McKnight
August 30, 2014 1448

City of Madisonville Says 'Goodbye' to…

in Top Stories by Amber Averitt, SurfKY News
August 29, 2014 965

MCC Announces New Board Members

in Top Stories by Joyce Riggs
August 29, 2014 645

Trover Health Endowment Reaches $100,000…

in Top Stories by Joyce Riggs

Most Read Stories from Owensboro

August 29, 2014 2941

Daviess County Sheriff’s Office Activity…

in News by Dennis Beard, SurfKY News
August 29, 2014 2797

Owensboro Police Department Activity…

in News by Dennis Beard, SurfKY News
August 30, 2014 2104

Owensboro Traffic Advisory

in News by Keith Todd
August 29, 2014 1104

Woman Charged in Assault of 3-Year-Old…

in Top Stories by Dennis Beard, SurfKY News
August 30, 2014 508

Smith, Hamilton honored at Distinguished…

in Top Stories by Dennis Beard, SurfKY News

Most Read Stories from Muhlenberg County

August 29, 2014 4247

Business Spotlight - Magical Memories…

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
August 30, 2014 2462

Skateboarders Enjoy Own Style of Cruise In

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
August 29, 2014 2431

School System Facing $5M Shortfall;…

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
August 29, 2014 2309

No College = Low Wages : A Muhlenberg…

in Top Stories by Ken Robinson

SurfKY News Group, Inc. Central Office & Printing Division
1125 Nebo Rd.  •  Madisonville, KY 42431  •  270.452.2249 (fax)
Main Number: 270.452.2727 (phone)  •  Printing Division Direct Line: 270.821.8600 (phone)

SurfKY Owensboro News Bureau
920 Frederica St. / Suite 210  •  Owensboro, KY 42301  •  270.683-8060 (phone)


Contact a member of our staff: www.surfky.com/contact
Copyright © 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc.  •  Terms of Use  •  Site Map

social 03social 04social 22social 21social 06