OWENSBORO, Ky. (9/4/13) – “This isn’t college any more, you need to learn how to cook.”
I’ve been told this by several people lately. At first, I was a little caught off guard, but I know I’m far from the girl that brings the elaborate cake she was slaving away making all day to the bake sale. If you need me to bring an item to a party, you’re going to get break-and-bake cookies; I just don’t have the money for any lawyer fees defending your food poisoning charges.
First of all, I think I missed the lesson in elementary school when I was “supposedly” taught measuring skills. Don’t get me wrong, I had great teachers growing up, I guess I was just noticeably absent from all practical math lessons. A fourth of a cup quickly becomes a half cup, because I don’t typically like to follow recipes. Also, it takes so long to prepare, cook, and clean-up that I just usually go the easiest route.
I can’t continue to be the lazy chef that I am and live on the meals that I do. I’m a very picky eater to begin with, so when I find something I like, I’ll never try anything else, ever. Just to give you a little picture of what eat (It’s a little embarrassing), I’ll give you my top 5 most often made meals:
1) Oatmeal: Notice I started off somewhat healthy. To me, oatmeal is cheap and fast way to get some nutrients. What nutrients? I couldn’t tell you.
2) Cereal: I know what you’re thinking, “I thought you were listing your most often eaten meals.” To me, cereal is a meal. It can be eaten at any time of the day and depending on which cereal you choose, it can be somewhat healthy. I think I’m trying to convince myself honestly.
3) Beeforoni: Chef Boyardee has been an established Chef since the beginning of time. Myself, I’ve been eating this meal with a peanut butter sandwich since my diaper days, no need to stop now.
4) The Peanut Butter Sandwich: You can’t argue with me that this meal isn’t America’s favorite. I was recently told that other people put jelly on their peanut butter sandwich…yeah, no thanks.
5) The Grilled Cheese Sandwich: It’s my go to. A “three” or “four” on my effort scale to actually make this meal, but so worth it.
Copyright 2013 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|< Prev||Next >|