KENTUCKY (9/26/13) – SurfKY News would like to share with you what has happened on this day in history.
• 1786 - England & France sign trade agreement
• 1820 - Daniel Boone, frontiersman, dies in Missouri at 85
• 1902 - Levi Strauss, American clothing manufacturer dies(b. 1829)
• 1960 - 1st of 4 TV debates Nixon & Kennedy took place (Chicago)
• 1962 - TV comedy series "Beverly Hillbillies" premieres on CBS
• 1969 - Beatles release "Abbey Road" album
• 1988 - NYC's Rockefeller Center declared a national landmark
• 1990 - Motion Picture Association of America creates new NC-17 rating
• 1992 - Roseanne Barr Arnold gets a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame
• 2008 - Paul Newman, American actor dies (b. 1925)
Information provided by historyorb.com
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|