firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (11/12/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following activity reports Tuesday, Nov. 12.

• MFD crews responded to a structure fire on Richmond Drive Saturday, Nov. 9 to check on the status of an extinguished electrical outlet fire.

About 10:57 a.m., MFD was alerted by the homeowner that she wanted firefighters to check and clear the structure to ensure the fire was totally out. The crew found a burned electrical outlet with parts of a power strip melted into the outlet. None of the breakers were tripped and the crew disabled the affected breaker. The refrigerator, which was connected to the electrical circuit, was switched to another outlet.

Crews advised the homeowner to have the wiring checked.

• On Sunday, Nov. 10 MFD responded to a fire inside Electro Cycle at 230 Baldwin Drive. At about 1:09 p.m., MFD was alerted by Central Dispatch that the fire was just inside the door.

Crews determined that the fire was contained inside a dust collection duct. There were no visible flames but the duct showed signs of being heated from the burning materials inside.

The maintenance personnel were advised to shut down the ventilation system and to cut power to equipment in the area. Water was used to cool the overheated duct and a thermal camera was used to determine if the fire had spread.

The fire was contained to the single duct, and crews continued to apply water on it until it had cooled enough to ensure there was no danger of re-ignition.

• An electrical short in a garbage disposal caused minor damage to an apartment on East Broadway. MFD received a report at 8:55 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 10 and determined the fire was in the C side of the apartment complex. A thermal image camera the fire was quickly discovered below and above the kitchen sink.

Crews forced air ventilation to vent smoke from the structure after opening the bedroom window in the apartment. It was determined that the fire had spread toward the cabinets, where a microwave was located. The apartment suffered minor smoke and water damage.

• An alarm activated at Baptist Health Hospital at 900 Hospital Drive at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12 was triggered by burned fan belts in the air handler unit of the mechanical room on the second floor of the East storage room.

Light smoke was visible in the hallway when crews arrived in the area where the alarm panel was located. Fire crews used both negative and positive ventilation fans to remove smoke from the structure.

SurfKY News
Information provided by Chief Steve Stolz

e-max.it: your social media marketing partner

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

1 DOW 16,643.01
-11.76 (-0.07%)    
2 S&P 1,988.87
+1.21 (0.06%)    
3 NASDAQ 4,828.33
+15.62 (0.32%)    

Most Read This Week

August 24, 2015 10922

Teen Reports Slasher Attempted to Attack Him on…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
August 24, 2015 6088

Alleged Burglar Calls 911 to Report Fire

by SurfKY News
August 24, 2015 5014

UPDATE: Four Dead, Two Survive Boating Accident

by SurfKY News
August 27, 2015 4548

All is Well after MNHHS Lockdown

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
August 24, 2015 4154

MPD Coducting Sobriety Checkpoints

by SurfKY News

Most Read This Month

August 06, 2015 15823

Muhlenberg Woman Reportedly Suffers Violent…

by SurfKY News
August 24, 2015 10922

Teen Reports Slasher Attempted to Attack Him on…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News

Stories Trending Now

August 28, 2015 1469

Two Webster County Residents Injured in Hopkins…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
August 28, 2015 1298

Hopkins County Health Department Food Scores Thru…

by SurfKY News
August 28, 2015 1104

Madisonville Police Arrest Reports Released -…

by SurfKY News
August 29, 2015 958

All Occasions Formals to Host Celebration to…

by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
August 28, 2015 911

Rep. Montell Proposes Bill to Stop Sweeping of…

by SurfKY News
August 29, 2015 910

Happenings, Meetings Listed for Following Week

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
August 29, 2015 849

UK Part of First Study on Marijuana Compound…

by SurfKY News
August 28, 2015 689

Kentucky High School Football Schedule

by Steve LeMaster
August 28, 2015 680

Rep. Gooch, Others Argue against Burden Caused by…

by SurfKY News
August 28, 2015 658

TVA Seeks Input on Study for Closing Coal Ash…

by SurfKY News