firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

1 DOW 18,080.14
+21.45 (0.12%)    
2 S&P 2,117.69
+4.76 (0.23%)    
3 NASDAQ 5,092.08
+36.02 (0.71%)    

Most Read This Week

April 17, 2015 11819

An Open Letter from an Addict

by Olivia Kirks
April 23, 2015 7431

Man Charged with Sodomy, Incest/Victim under 12

by SurfKY News
April 18, 2015 5768

Man Charged with Attempting to Coerce Minor for…

by Madisonville Police Department
April 20, 2015 4858

Nortonville Woman Charged with Meth Possession at…

by Madisonville Police Department
April 24, 2015 4004

UPDATE: Police Can't Substantiate Injured Man…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News

Most Read This Month

April 17, 2015 11819

An Open Letter from an Addict

by Olivia Kirks
April 02, 2015 8796

UPDATE: Madisonville Man Injured in Head-on…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News

Stories Trending Now

April 24, 2015 4004

UPDATE: Police Can't Substantiate Injured Man…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
April 24, 2015 970

Career Fair Provides Students Information about…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
April 25, 2015 941

Above and Beyond: Wade Simons

by Gary Gates, SurfKY News
April 24, 2015 931

Madisonville Police Arrest Reports Released -…

by SurfKY News
April 24, 2015 931

Hopkins District Court Fines Handed Down

by Karen McKnight
April 24, 2015 890

Probation and Parole Violators - April 24, 2015

by Gary Gates, SurfKY News
April 23, 2015 877

Regional Eighth Grade Math Contest Held

by Joyce Riggs
April 24, 2015 850

Elementary Girls in Good GRACES with Unique…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
April 24, 2015 848

Baptist Health Holds ‘Walk in the Park’ as Part…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
April 24, 2015 816

Muhlenberg District Court Fines Handed Down

by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News