MADISONVILLE, Ky. (3/20/14) — The Kentucky State Police is currently accepting applications for the position of Arson Investigator for Post 2 in Madisonville, KY which serves Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd, and Webster Counties.
- Arson Investigators shall be a high school graduate or hold a GED.
- Possess at least one (1) year of Law Enforcement, Police, Criminal, Fire or Arson Investigation experience.
- Arson Investigators are required to be certified in the Kentucky Police Officer Professional Standards.
- Be sworn as a peace officer and maintain employment with the Kentucky State Police.
- In addition, Arson Investigators must complete the appropriate field training program.
- Investigators who are already POPS certified at the hire date shall be administered the oath of office and commissioned as soon as practical. Investigators who are not already POPS certified at the hire date must achieve the certification before being administered the oath of office and being commissioned.
- Arson Investigators shall successfully complete a fire/arson investigations course that has been approved by the Professional Training and Standards Board.
If employed as a KSP Arson Investigator, submission to random drug testing will be mandatory during the course of employment.
The starting monthly salary for Arson Investigator is $2,589.26 per month, plus benefits.
All applications and required documents must be completed and returned to the following address by March 31, 2014:
KSP Recruitment Branch
Application for Arson Investigator
919 Versailles Road
Frankfort, Ky. 40601
Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Failure to provide all required documents and signatures may result in disqualification.
For questions regarding the application process you may contact
Information provided by Kentucky State Police
LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.