KENTUCKY (9/30/13) – SurfKY News would like to share with you what has happened on this day in history.
• 1880 - Henry Draper takes that 1st photograph of Orion Nebula
• 1898 - City of NY established 1929 - 1st manned rocket plane flight (by auto maker Fritz von Opel)
• 1939 - 1st televised college football game (Fordham vs Waynesburg at NYC)
• 1950 - Radio's "Grand Ole Opry" is broadcasted on TV for 1st time
• 1954 - Nautilus, 1st atomic-powered vessel (sub), commissioned by the Navy
• 1955 - James Dean, actor (Rebel Without a Cause), dies in a car crash at age 24
• 1961 - Bill for Boston Tea Party is paid by Mayor Snyder of Oregon who wrote a check for $196, the total cost of all tea lost
• 1968 - 1st Boeing 747 rolls out
• 1994 - Space shuttle STS-68 (Endeavour 7), launches into orbit
• 1997 - Microsoft Corp releases Internet Explorer 4.0
Information provided by historyorb.com
Copyright 2013 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|< Prev||Next >|