Posted on 2/2/14

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (11/12/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following activity reports Tuesday, Nov. 12.

• MFD crews responded to a structure fire on Richmond Drive Saturday, Nov. 9 to check on the status of an extinguished electrical outlet fire.

About 10:57 a.m., MFD was alerted by the homeowner that she wanted firefighters to check and clear the structure to ensure the fire was totally out. The crew found a burned electrical outlet with parts of a power strip melted into the outlet. None of the breakers were tripped and the crew disabled the affected breaker. The refrigerator, which was connected to the electrical circuit, was switched to another outlet.

Crews advised the homeowner to have the wiring checked.

• On Sunday, Nov. 10 MFD responded to a fire inside Electro Cycle at 230 Baldwin Drive. At about 1:09 p.m., MFD was alerted by Central Dispatch that the fire was just inside the door.

Crews determined that the fire was contained inside a dust collection duct. There were no visible flames but the duct showed signs of being heated from the burning materials inside.

The maintenance personnel were advised to shut down the ventilation system and to cut power to equipment in the area. Water was used to cool the overheated duct and a thermal camera was used to determine if the fire had spread.

The fire was contained to the single duct, and crews continued to apply water on it until it had cooled enough to ensure there was no danger of re-ignition.

• An electrical short in a garbage disposal caused minor damage to an apartment on East Broadway. MFD received a report at 8:55 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 10 and determined the fire was in the C side of the apartment complex. A thermal image camera the fire was quickly discovered below and above the kitchen sink.

Crews forced air ventilation to vent smoke from the structure after opening the bedroom window in the apartment. It was determined that the fire had spread toward the cabinets, where a microwave was located. The apartment suffered minor smoke and water damage.

• An alarm activated at Baptist Health Hospital at 900 Hospital Drive at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12 was triggered by burned fan belts in the air handler unit of the mechanical room on the second floor of the East storage room.

Light smoke was visible in the hallway when crews arrived in the area where the alarm panel was located. Fire crews used both negative and positive ventilation fans to remove smoke from the structure.

SurfKY News
Information provided by Chief Steve Stolz your social media marketing partner

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

Weather Sponsored by

1 DOW 17,129.49
-2.37 (-0.01%)    
2 S&P 2,020.09
+2.63 (0.13%)    
3 NASDAQ 4,851.80
+13.15 (0.27%)    

Most Read This Week

October 10, 2015 6690

25-Mile Car Chase on Pennyrile Ends in Two Arrests

by SurfKY News
October 07, 2015 5123

Alleged Attempt to Hide Meth in Doughnuts Results…

by SurfKY News
October 07, 2015 3461

3 From Greenville Indicted On Drug Charges

by SurfKY News
October 07, 2015 3442

Vehicle Overturns during Two-Car Collision

by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
October 12, 2015 3089

Crime Stoppers Top Most Wanted - October 12, 2015

by SurfKY News

Most Read This Month

September 16, 2015 13947

Mining Accident Fatality - Update

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
September 30, 2015 12031

Dawson Woman Dead After Princeton Factory…

by SurfKY News

Stories Trending Now

October 12, 2015 3089

Crime Stoppers Top Most Wanted - October 12, 2015

by SurfKY News
October 12, 2015 1930

MPD Foot Patrol Charges Man with Trafficking in…

by SurfKY News
October 12, 2015 1918

Two-Vehicle Collision Results in One Driver…

by SurfKY News
October 12, 2015 1905

Four Injured after Vehicle Careens down…

by SurfKY News
October 12, 2015 1460

Kentucky Health Co-op Closing Due to Congress…

by SurfKY News
October 12, 2015 1357

Driver Dies after Single-Vehicle Collision on…

by SurfKY News
October 13, 2015 1176

BBQ Champs Chosen during Hanson Lions Blast-off

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
October 12, 2015 1170

UPDATE: KSP Captures Escapee

by SurfKY News
October 12, 2015 1057

Madisonville Police Arrest Reports Released -…

by SurfKY News
October 12, 2015 713

PPD Request Public's Help Finding Missing Juvenile

by SurfKY News