Pick Your Community: | Hopkins | Muhlenberg | Daviess | Christian | Henderson | Lakes | McCracken | Webster
Davis Motor Sales banner ad

Madisonville Fire Reports — December 24

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.

Posted on 2/2/14

SurfKY TV

2/6/2014 - posted

Stock Report

1 DOW 16,461.32
-153.49 (-0.92%)    
2 S&P 1,927.11
-14.17 (-0.73%)    
3 NASDAQ 4,382.85
-36.63 (-0.83%)    
2/6/2014 - posted
2/6/2014 - posted

In Other News...

Baptist Health Hosts Sack Lunch Fundraiser for United Way

MADISONVILLE, Ky. (10/22/14) — Baptist Health hosted a Sack Lunch Fundraiser to support the United Way of the Coalfield… Read More

Castlen Welding & Manufacturing LLC to Expand in Owensboro

FRANKFORT, Ky. (10/21/14) — Governor Steve Beshear today announced that Castlen Welding & Manufacturing LLC plans to… Read More
2/6/2014 - posted

Most Read This Week

October 17, 2014 12136

UK Women's Soccer Welcomes Ole Miss, No. 5/4…

in General Sports For All Sites by UK Athletics
October 20, 2014 5873

Uncle Lee's in Greenville is Closing Its Doors…

in Local (Muhlenberg) Top News by www.unclelees.com
October 17, 2014 4026

Single Vehicle Collision Results in One Injury

in Local (Muhlenberg) Top News by Trooper S. C. Recke
October 19, 2014 3903

Kentucky Energy Department Releases Virtual Solar…

in General News For All Sites by Dick Brown
October 16, 2014 3205

Madisonville Police Arrest Reports - Oct. 16, 2014

in Hopkins News by Madisonville Police Department
October 21, 2014 3165

UPDATE: Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle on Shamrock…

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Officer C.P. Haynie
October 18, 2014 2860

Muhlenberg County Celebrates New Farmer’s Market

in Local (Muhlenberg) Top News by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
October 17, 2014 2811

Woman Arrested at Taco Bell for DUI

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Madisonville Police Department
October 17, 2014 2793

Madisonville Police Arrest Reports - Oct. 17, 2014

in Hopkins News by Madisonville Police Department
October 20, 2014 2711

Man Charged for Assaulting Pregnant Wife

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Madisonville Police Department

Stories Trending Today

October 21, 2014 3165

UPDATE: Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle on Shamrock…

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Officer C.P. Haynie
October 20, 2014 2084

Hopkins County Board of Education Recognizes…

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
October 21, 2014 2052

Madisonville Police Arrest Reports - Oct. 21, 2014

in Hopkins News by Madisonville Police Department
October 21, 2014 1967

Man Charged for Switching Plates on Vehicle;…

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Madisonville Police Department
October 22, 2014 1807

Failure to Signal Ends in Drug Arrest

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Madisonville Police Department
October 20, 2014 1722

Providence Police Reports Released

in Local (Webster) Top News by Chief Brent McDowell
October 21, 2014 1678

Arrival of Overpass Beams for I-69/Pennyrile Pkwy…

in General News For All Sites Touching Hopkins by Keith Todd
October 21, 2014 1528

Alliance for a Drug-Free Owensboro-Daviess County…

in Owensboro News by Carla Shelton
October 21, 2014 1392

Meade County Set to Host Third Region Boys'…

in General Sports For All Sites by Steve LeMaster
October 21, 2014 1257

RWRA Sewer Repairs Starting Tomorrow

in Owensboro News by Abby Shelton

SurfKY News Group, Inc.
1125 Nebo Rd.  •  Madisonville, KY 42431
270.452.2727 (phone)
  •  270.452.2249 (fax)


Contact a member of our staff: www.surfky.com/contact
Copyright © 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc.  •  Terms of Use  •  Site Map

social fbsocial twsocial yt
social gpsocial flrsocial rss