Pick Your Community: | Hopkins | Muhlenberg | Daviess | Christian | Henderson | Lakes | McCracken | Webster
Davis Motor Sales banner ad

Madisonville Fire Reports - Nov. 12, 2013

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (11/12/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following activity reports Tuesday, Nov. 12.

• MFD crews responded to a structure fire on Richmond Drive Saturday, Nov. 9 to check on the status of an extinguished electrical outlet fire.

About 10:57 a.m., MFD was alerted by the homeowner that she wanted firefighters to check and clear the structure to ensure the fire was totally out. The crew found a burned electrical outlet with parts of a power strip melted into the outlet. None of the breakers were tripped and the crew disabled the affected breaker. The refrigerator, which was connected to the electrical circuit, was switched to another outlet.

Crews advised the homeowner to have the wiring checked.

• On Sunday, Nov. 10 MFD responded to a fire inside Electro Cycle at 230 Baldwin Drive. At about 1:09 p.m., MFD was alerted by Central Dispatch that the fire was just inside the door.

Crews determined that the fire was contained inside a dust collection duct. There were no visible flames but the duct showed signs of being heated from the burning materials inside.

The maintenance personnel were advised to shut down the ventilation system and to cut power to equipment in the area. Water was used to cool the overheated duct and a thermal camera was used to determine if the fire had spread.

The fire was contained to the single duct, and crews continued to apply water on it until it had cooled enough to ensure there was no danger of re-ignition.

• An electrical short in a garbage disposal caused minor damage to an apartment on East Broadway. MFD received a report at 8:55 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 10 and determined the fire was in the C side of the apartment complex. A thermal image camera the fire was quickly discovered below and above the kitchen sink.

Crews forced air ventilation to vent smoke from the structure after opening the bedroom window in the apartment. It was determined that the fire had spread toward the cabinets, where a microwave was located. The apartment suffered minor smoke and water damage.

• An alarm activated at Baptist Health Hospital at 900 Hospital Drive at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12 was triggered by burned fan belts in the air handler unit of the mechanical room on the second floor of the East storage room.

Light smoke was visible in the hallway when crews arrived in the area where the alarm panel was located. Fire crews used both negative and positive ventilation fans to remove smoke from the structure.

SurfKY News
Information provided by Chief Steve Stolz

© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.

Posted on 2/2/14
3/13 - 16
2/6/2014 - posted
3/13 - 16
button coupons

Stock Report

1 DOW 17,804.80
+26.65 (0.15%)    
2 S&P 2,070.65
+9.42 (0.46%)    
3 NASDAQ 4,765.38
0.00 (0.00%)    
2/6/2014 - posted
3/13 - 16
2/6/2014 - posted
3/13 - 16
button classifieds
2/6/2014 - posted
3/13 - 16

Most Read This Week

December 16, 2014 10504

Coal Miner Fatally Injured in Underground Mining…

in Top News For All Sites by Dick Brown
December 17, 2014 7424

Elderly Couple Found Shot to Death in Muhlenberg

in Local (Muhlenberg) Top News by Trooper Stu Recke
December 17, 2014 6735

Three Men Charged with Burglary

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Madisonville Police Department
December 15, 2014 5061

Hopkins County Woman Charged Second Time in Two…

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
December 15, 2014 4523

Woman Leads Police on High-Speed Chase in Stolen…

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Madisonville Police
December 19, 2014 4224

Dawson Springs Man Charged with Sexual Abuse of…

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Detective Sean McCance
December 18, 2014 4050

Cat Scratching over Dog Ownership Escalates

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Amber Averitt, SurfKY News
December 19, 2014 4017

Armstrong Mine to Layoff 39 by End of Day

in Top News For All Sites by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
December 19, 2014 3810

Woman Flown to St. Mary's after Two-Car Collision

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Trooper Stu Recke
December 16, 2014 3664

Highway Crews Pre-Treating Roadways for Potential…

in Hopkins News by Keith Todd

Stories Trending Today

December 19, 2014 3133

Vehicle Fire Causes Traffic Back-Up on Pennyrile

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Doreen Dennis
December 19, 2014 1118

Greenville Mayor Honored during Final Council…

in Local (Muhlenberg) Top News by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
December 20, 2014 845

KET’s Kentucky Life Segment to Feature Old…

in Local (Muhlenberg) Top News by Paul McRee, SurfKY News
December 20, 2014 787

New Trial Sites Added for U of L's Brown Cancer…

in General News For All Sites by Health Sciences News
December 20, 2014 715

Happenings and Meetings - Hopkins County

in Hopkins News by Amber Averitt, SurfKY News
December 20, 2014 700

'When the Universe Was Young' Opens Jan. 4 at…

in General News For All Sites by WKU News
December 20, 2014 685

WKU Public Affairs Claims 17 Statewide Awards

in General News For All Sites by WKU News
December 20, 2014 679

Farmers' Markets, Vendors; Sign Up for Free…

in General News For All Sites by Ted Sloan
December 20, 2014 675

Law Enforcement Officers, Agencies Honored for…

in General News For All Sites by Erin Eggen
December 20, 2014 635

City of Madisonville Holiday Schedule

in Hopkins News by Leslie Curneal

SurfKY News Group, Inc.
Corporate Office & Studio
1125 Nebo Rd.  •  Madisonville, KY 42431
270.452.2727 (phone)
  •  270.452.2249 (fax)


Contact a member of our staff: www.surfky.com/contact
Copyright © 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc.  •  Terms of Use  •  Site Map

social fbsocial twsocial yt
social gpsocial flrsocial rss