FRANKFORT, Ky. (6/10/14) — Over $1.4 million in projects and services were approved for the region today by a state legislative committee in Frankfort.
The $1,454,385 in projects and services approved by the state legislative Government Contract Review Committee includes $719,200 in state General Funds that will be used by Pennyroyal Mental Health in Hopkinsville to provide early intervention services for young children with disabilities and their families.
“This is part of a memoranda of agreement with Pennyroyal Mental Health that will be in effect through the end of June of 2016,” said Rep. Brent Yonts, D-Greenville, a member of the committee. “It’s a great use of funds that will ultimately improve the lives of infants and toddlers with disabilities and the lives of their family members.”
The committee also approved $328,500 in state funds for long-term residential substance abuse recovery services for state inmates housed in the Christian County Jail.
“Alcohol and drug prevention is important to our communities, and our local economy, since employers need a drug-free workforce,” said Yonts. “This is also a good use of state resources.”
Also approved by the committee was:
- $200,000 in state road funds to G. Herbert Pritchett of Madisonville for appraisal services for right-of-way negotiations.
- $30,000 in state General Funds to Baptist Health Madisonville, Inc. of Madisonville for laboratory and other medical services for residents at Joseph Eddie Ballard Western Kentucky Veterans Center;
- $40,000 in state General Fund to Baptist Health Madisonville for dietician services at the J.E.B. Western Kentucky Veterans Center, as needed.
- $25,000 in state General Fund to Baptist Health Madisonville for the services of an on-call physician at J.E.B. Western Kentucky Veterans Centers, as needed.
- $80,000 in state General Funds to Baptist Health Madisonville for radiology services for residents of J.E.B. Western Kentucky Veterans Center.
- An additional $30,000 in coal severance funds to the Hopkins County Fiscal Court for renovations to the Ballard Center.
- An additional $1,685in federal funds for summer programming at the Regional Migrant Center at Madisonville Community College.
- Extend the memoranda of agreement with the Hopkins County Fiscal Court for renovations to the Rosenwald-Smith Center to June 30, 2016.
- Extend the memoranda of agreement with the City of Madisonville for demolition and removal of the former city hall (where a green space, parking lot, and entertainment venue area are planned) to June 30, 2016.
Information provided by Rebecca Hanchett
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.