KENTUCKY (11/13/12) – Over $461,800 in projects and services for the Pennyrile region were approved by the legislative Government Contract Review Committee today.
Rep. Brent Yonts, D- Greenville, a member and former chairman of the committee, said $265,278 of the total amount is federal grant funding that will be used to facilitate manufacturing partnerships between Madisonville Community College and two out-of-state schools, Ivy Tech Community College in Indiana and Jackson State Community College in Tennessee.
“The funding will be used to allow MCC to collaborate with Ivy Tech and Jackson State on the design, development, and delivery of a multi-skill technology core curriculum that addresses regional manufacturing-related training needs of each school,” said Yonts.
In all, $345,828 was approved for needs in Hopkins County and $116,006 was approved for needs in Christian County. The projects and services approved, by county, are as follows:
Other funding approved for Hopkins County includes:
- $45,000 to the Hopkins County Fiscal Court for equipment and debt service payments at various fire departments.
- $18,400 to E Tech (electrical contractor) for fire sprinkler upgrades at Pennyrile Forest State Park.
- $15,250 in state tobacco settlement funds to Madisonville Community College for early childhood education programs provided by the Early Childhood Advisory Council.
- $34,000 to Niles and Associates for aerial photo mapping in Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Knott and Perry counties.
Funding approved for Christian County includes:
- $60,000 in federal funds to the Christian County Fiscal Court to construct a mountain biking training area in Pennyrile State Resort Park.
- $32,378 for an agreement between the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security and Pennyrile Area Development District to enhance citizen education and emergency preparedness by assisting with the development of Citizen Corps programs through July, 2013.
- An increase of $16,628 for mechanical and electrical work on the Agricultural Training Center at Hopkinsville Community College as part of a contract with WBW Engineering.
- $5,000 in federal funds to Pennyroyal Mental Health in Christian County for disaster counseling services during declared disasters in Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Lyon, Hopkins, Todd, Muhlenberg and Trigg counties.
- $2,000 to FMT Inc. for nursing facility sprinklers at Western State Hospital in Hopkinsville.
Rep. Brent Yonts represents the 15th House District which includes all of Muhlenberg County and portions of Christian and Hopkins counties.
Information provided by Rebecca Hanchett
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|