MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/27/12) – On Wednesday, December 26, the Madisonville Fire Department (MFD) reported two instances of activity within the Madisonville city limits.
At approximately 6:33 PM, MFD received a call via public service for report of a carbon monoxide detector activating intermittently at 587 Morgan Avenue. Upon arrival owner stated that he had replaced the batteries in the device 2 days ago but device was still activating at various times. Device was found to be less than 3 years old. The house was checked for CO using 4-gas meter. All levels were normal. The owner was advised to have the unit replaced. The scene was deemed safe and unit returned to station without incident.
At approximately 11:53 PM, MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a fire alarm activation at Denny's Restaurant, at 1127 E. Center Street. Upon arrival, fire crews met management and were advised that, while employees were cleaning the grill, steam had accidentally set off the smoke alarm. The scene deemed safe. No further action needed. All units returned to station.
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|