firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

In Other News...

Henderson County North Middle School Greenhouse Sale

HENDERSON, Ky. (4/27/15) — The annual Henderson County North Middle School greenhouse sale will begin on Tuesday, May… Read More

Hopkins County Drug War ― Are We Winning?

HOPKINS COUNTY, Ky. (4/27/15) ― Synthetic drug use is skyrocketing in Hopkins County, and local authorities plan to… Read More
1 DOW 18,060.46
+22.49 (0.12%)    
2 S&P 2,112.02
+3.10 (0.15%)    
3 NASDAQ 5,062.82
+2.57 (0.05%)    

Most Read This Week

April 23, 2015 7879

Man Charged with Sodomy, Incest/Victim under 12

by SurfKY News
April 20, 2015 5074

Nortonville Woman Charged with Meth Possession at…

by Madisonville Police Department
April 24, 2015 4417

UPDATE: Police Can't Substantiate Injured Man…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
April 22, 2015 4125

Crime Stoppers Fugitive of the Week – April 22,…

by Hopkinsville – Christian County Crime Stoppers
April 22, 2015 4065

Madisonville Man Accused of Domestic Violence/Rape

by SurfKY News

Most Read This Month

April 17, 2015 13637

An Open Letter from an Addict

by Olivia Kirks
April 02, 2015 8916

UPDATE: Madisonville Man Injured in Head-on…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News

Stories Trending Now

April 27, 2015 2101

Online Petition Seeking Re­opening of Shanice…

by Samantha Carver, SurfKY News
April 27, 2015 1828

Hopkins County Drug War ― Are We Winning?

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
April 27, 2015 1004

Hopkins County Sheriff's Reports Released -…

by SurfKY News
April 27, 2015 954

Church Attempts to ‘Inspire’ Teens in Self-Worth,…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
April 27, 2015 712

Smoke Filled House Prompts 911 Call

by Madisonville Fire Dept.
April 27, 2015 656

Mustangs Lose to Ohio County via Shutout

by Steve LeMaster
April 27, 2015 635

Traffic Advisory for Western Kentucky

by Keith Todd
April 28, 2015 500

ATV Driver Injured When Vehicle Overturns

by SurfKY News
April 27, 2015 476

Lady Mustangs Take Two from Calloway in…

by Steve LeMaster
April 27, 2015 465

WKCTC Physics Associate Professor Wins Second…

by Tammy Thompson