OWENSBORO, Ky. (2/26/14) – The following events are scheduled in Daviess County this week.
- ATHENA Awards, Feb. 26 11:30 a.m. -1 p.m.- Owensboro Convention Center, 501 W. 2nd St. Girls Incorporated and the Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce are partnering to present an outstanding woman in the community with the prestigious ATHENA Award. Tickets are $45, or $360 for a table for 8.
- Owensboro Boat & Recreation Show, Feb. 27 - March 2 - 1 p.m. - 9 p.m., Thursday and Fri, 10 a.m. - 9p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Sunday. Pro-Tech Marine brings the Owensboro Boat & Recreation Show to the new Owensboro Convention Center. Featuring vendors and hundreds of boats, engines and boating-related products, recreational boaters will be able to browse everything they need for summer water activities. Call (270) 687-8800 for more information.
- Forever Plaid, Feb. 27 - March 2 -7:30 p.m (27-Mar 1) 2 pm – RiverPark Center, 101 Daviess St., Back Alley Musicals. A quartet of high-school chums dreams of recording an album end in a collision with a bus filled with Catholic schoolgirls on their way to see the Beatles' American debut on The Ed Sullivan Show. The play begins with the Plaids returning from the afterlife for one final chance at musical glory. The songs they sing during the course of the musical include: "Three Coins in the Fountain"; "Undecided"; "Gotta Be This or That"; "Moments to Remember"; "Crazy 'Bout Ya, Baby"; "No, Not Much"; "Sixteen Tons"; "Chain Gang"; "Perfidia"; "Cry"; "Heart and Soul"; "Lady of Spain"; "Scotland the Brave"; "Shangri-La"; "Rags to Riches"; and "Love is a Many-Splendored Thing".
- “HANDing” Back with Jason Koger, March 1 - 7 p.m. – Owensboro Convention Center, 501 W. 2nd St. To gratefully acknowledge and show appreciation for all the assistance and support provided by the community after his accident six years ago, Jason Koger & Family would like to invite the community to an evening of celebration and thank you. HANDing Back will be filled with special guests looking forward to meeting our unique and caring community. To date, actor Peter Weller, NHRA Racer Reggie Showers, County Music artist Billy Dawson, and Model/Speaker Beka Marie are scheduled. All proceeds will benefit local charities. The cost to attend is $10.
- Indoor Softball, March 1-2 All Day – The Next Level, 105 Carlton Dr. Indoor softball tournaments are scheduled throughout the day.
- Kentucky High School State Hockey Tournament, March 1-2 All Day – Edge Ice Arena, 1400 Hickman Ave. Hockey tournaments are scheduled throughout the day.
- Saturday Morning Live, March 1 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Daviess Co. Public Library, 2020 Frederica St. Self-guided fun and educational activities with a focus on literacy and school readiness will be offered. For more information, contact the library at (270) 684-0211.
- River City Festival of Films, March 1 10:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. – Owensboro Convention Center, 501 W. 2nd St. The festival gives local filmmakers a viable venue to screen their work to the community and be recognized for their efforts. Donations from the festival will be given to New Beginnings Sexual Assault Services, a local charity organization. All festival events are free and open to the public; however donations are accepted for the charity. Year three marks a mile stone as we have three special guests joining our event. Peter Weller (Robocop, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Sons of Anarchy) will be our special celebrity guest. The festival also welcomes Dave Shuffett, host of the popular KET series Kentucky Life and Kentucky Collectables, who will conduct a seminar on television production and discuss his new book ‘My Kentucky Life’. Lastly WWE fans will have the opportunity to meet Sir Mo, most famous for the World Wrestling Entertainment World Tag Team Championship with Mabel as a part of “Men on a Mission” from 1993 to 1996.
- Junior League Charity Ball 2014, March 1 6 p.m. - 10 pm. – Owensboro Convention Center, 501 W. 2nd St. One of the most prestigious fundraisers in our community, the Junior League Charity Ball is an exciting evening of elegance, tradition, and just plain fun! Fantastic food kicks off the evening followed by great music for dancing the night away. You’ll find wonderful bargains during the expansive silent auction and you’ll be dazzled with the pageantry of presenting the young Junior Hostesses and Hosts. The Charity Ball is a wonderful way to socialize, to celebrate the success of the Junior League’s mission, and to support the League’s efforts to improve our community through their volunteerism and leadership. For more information or to receive an invitation, please email info to @jlowensboro.org.
- 3rd Region High School Basketball Tournaments, March 2-8 All Day – Owensboro Sports Center, 1215 Hickman Ave. Basketball tournaments are scheduled throughout the day.
- Owensboro Symphony Chorus “An Evening of George Gershwin”, March 3-4 7 p.m. – Settle Memorial United Methodist Church, 206 E. 2nd St. Reservations are now being accepted for the Owensboro Symphony Chorus annual dinner concerts. This year’s theme is “An Evening of George Gershwin.” Nicholas Palmer will conduct, and Diane Earle will be pianist. The programs will take place Monday and Tuesday, March 3 and 4, at 7:00 p.m. at Settle Memorial United Methodist Renewal and Outreach Center (ROC). The chorus will perform beloved songs by George and Ira Gershwin such as “Summertime”, “Someone to Watch Over Me”, “I Got Rhythm”, “Embraceable You”, and others. Tickets are $20 and must be purchased in advanced, as seating is limited. Reservations may be made by calling (270) 684-0661.
Information provided by the Owensboro Convention and Visitors Bureau
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|