HENDERSON, Ky. (3/20/14) – Henderson Chapter of Future Business Leaders of America competed at the FBLA Region 2 Competition held at Kentucky Wesleyan College in Owensboro, March 13, 2014.
The chapter had 73 students participate in competition and/or as voting delegates.
The following students were regional winners:
- First place: Agribusiness - Jacey King
- Second place: Business Communcations - Hencye Sights
- Second place: Business Procedures - Justin McCormick
- First place: Computer Game and Simulation Programming - Alex Owens and Jacob Johnson
- First place: Digital Video Production - Alex Farmer and Jordan Buckman
- First place: Networking Concepts - Lance Gibson
- Second place: FBLA Principles and Procedures - Issac Oettle
- Second place: Intro to Business Communications - Taryn Tramill
- First place: Intro to Information Technology - Demetri Beck
- Third place: Intro to Parliamentary Procedure - Miranda Phipps
- Second place: Parliamentary Procedure - JT Payne, Grant Maglinger, Kaci Phillips, Jeremiah Wayne, and Addie Farley
- Second place: Word Processing - Andrew Herron
- First place: Talent Show, Most Entertaining - Madison Chumbler, McKenzie Griggs, McCallister Bruner, Kelsey Steinwachs, and Casey Sartore
- Second place: Talent Show, Most Talented - Brennan Farley and Morgan Book
- Third place: Local Chapter Newsletter - Morgan Book
These students are invited to represent Region 2 in the State FBLA Leadership Conference to be held in Louisville April 14–16. Henderson was also recognized as the largest chapter in the region and Grant Maglinger was elected as Region 2 Reporter.
For additional information contact Danna Robinson or Jessica Grace, Henderson County High School Business teachers and FBLA Advisors at (270) 831-8850, or by email
Information provided by Henderson County Schools
LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.