KENTUCKY (3/2/14) — As the weather warms up, many people visit their local auto dealership to peruse the new stock of cars, SUVs and trucks. Their decisions may hinge on what vehicles have the safest track record, look the best or are the most popular.
Forbes says 2013 was the best year for car sales since 2006. Roughly 16 million units were sold through November of 2013, up from 14.5 million in 2012, and certain vehicles proved more popular than others. While fuel-efficient cars were once a big draw, these days buyers are once again leaning toward pickup trucks and utility vehicles.
Here are the 10 best-selling vehicles of 2013, as determined by sales records in the United States.
1. 2014 Ford F-150: Thanks to a rebound in the housing industry and an economic boost in the middle portion of the country, this pickup continues to be a long-running favorite.
2. 2014 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ: Another fan favorite, this pickup received a redesign for the 2014 model.
3. 2014 Toyota Camry: The Camry has been a bestseller for years, and remains the best-selling passenger car in America and elsewhere.
4. 2014 Honda Accord: The closest rival of the Camry, the Accord continues to be one of the most coveted passenger cars on the road. Last year's redesign helped increase sales by 11 percent.
5. 2014 Ram 1500: The Chrysler-built Ram sales are up considerably due to improved gas mileage and a hot market for pickups.
6. 2014 Honda Civic: The Civic continues to be the best-selling small car, and Honda still sees improving sales of this popular model.
7. 2014 Nissan Altima: This mid-sized car holds the top spot against the competition vehicles in a competitive class.
8. 2014 Toyota Corolla: Toyota's compact car was redesigned for the 2014 model year.
9. 2014 Honda CR-V: The CR-V continues to be the standard bearer in the compact crossover category.
10. 2014 Ford Escape: The Escape has started to close in on the CR-V in the compact crossover category. SC143984
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|