Welcome to SurfKY News an online newspaper. SurfKY News is a news, information and communication service available on the Internet's World Wide Web. The service provides local news coverage of individual areas in Kentucky as it happens Free to the public and welcomes your local information on breaking news, sports, church, volunteer efforts, schools, and obituary reports.
Your agreement with SurfKY News is that, by visiting any SurfKY News local newspaper online site, you are accepting, without modification, these Terms of Service. If you do not agree with any portion of these Terms of Service, your only option is to discontinue use of SurfKY News local newspaper sites.
Revisions to Terms of Service This Terms of Service is subject to revision from time to time by SurfKY News and your continued use of SurfKY News means you agree to, without modification, the revised Terms of Service. If you are a registered member of any SurfKY News local newspaper online, you will be notified of material revisions to this Terms of Service via an e-mail message to the e-mail address that you provided at registration or that you have since updated. If you are not a registered member of SurfKY News, then you can review revisions to this Terms of Service by regularly checking this page. Material revisions to this Terms of Service will be indicated by an updated effective date at the top left corner of this page and by a notice posted on the homepage. Whether or not you are a registered member of any SurfKY News local newspaper online site, it is your responsibility to remain apprised of any revisions to these Terms of Service and to remain in compliance therewith. Should you object to any such revisions to these Terms of Service or become dissatisfied with any SurfKY News local newspaper site in any way, your only recourse is to immediately terminate your membership and discontinue use of SurfKY News. Otherwise, continuing to use the membership service and continuing to visit any SurfKY News local newspaper site online after the effective date means that you agree to be bound by any and all revisions.
Cost Our advertisers make SurfKY News local newspaper sites available to the public with no subscription cost. We archive all news which is available via our search site feature on any page.
Registration Access to some or all of the content, services and features on SurfKY News online newspaper sites may require users to register and become Members of SurfKY News. If you are a Member of SurfKY News, you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account whether or not you expressly authorize such activities. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. SurfKY News may terminate membership and deny access to any person for any reason in its sole discretion. Additionally and without limiting the generality of the preceding sentence, SurfKY News may terminate membership and deny access to any person who, in SurfKY's sole discretion, violates this Terms of Service. Such termination or denial of access shall be in addition to any remedies available to SurfKY News in law and equity.
Your use of SurfKY News local newspapers online Material published on SurfKY News, including articles, photos, graphics, bulletin board postings, audio and video clips, trademarks, service marks, and other content ("Content"), is copyrighted by SurfKY News. You may not reproduce, republish or redistribute Content or any portions thereof, including, without limitation, Content provided by others, including member-submitted content, without the written consent of the copyright owner.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Terms of Service, SurfKY News Group, Inc. grants you permission to access SurfKY News local newspapers online in Kentucky and view the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. In addition to viewing Content online, you may electronically store a reasonable portion of SurfKY News local newspaper Content for your personal, non-commercial use by making a single electronic copy on your computer's hard drive, or a single copy on a disk or other media or a single copy in printed form. You agree, however, that you will not store or archive a significant portion of the Content or create a database using the Content.
These rules also apply to your use of any SurfKY News local newspaper site
1. You will not in any way infringe or misappropriate any of the intellectual property in and to the Content accessible through SurfKY News. This means you agree not to copy, modify, publish, transmit, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or display the Content, including logos, trademarks or service marks, or otherwise violate the proprietary rights of SurfKY News or others except as expressly permitted herein.
2. You will not reuse, republish or otherwise distribute the Content or any modified or altered versions of it, whether over the Internet or otherwise, and whether or not for payment, without the express written permission of SurfKY News or a third-party copyright holder, except that in some cases you may use individual stories that appear on SurfKY News as specifically designated by the functionality of SurfKY News.
3. You will cooperate promptly and completely with any reasonable request by SurfKY News related to an investigation of infringement of copyright or other proprietary right.
To obtain permission to reuse or republish any portion of SurfKY News local newspaper sites contact us at:
Submitted Content of SurfKY News local newspaper online sites. Members and other users of SurfKY News can submit or to otherwise make available messages, e-mails, photographs, videos and other content for display on SurfKY News. You are solely responsible for Member Content, and SurfKY News acts as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Member Content. Member Content must conform to the guidelines of SurfKY News that it be Family Friendly local news for each area. Without limiting any of its rights in law and equity, SurfKY News reserves the right to remove any Member Content for any reason in its sole discretion including any Member Content that it believes may violate these Terms of Service, or any copyright or third-party rights.
By submitting or otherwise making available any Member Content to SurfKY News, you automatically grant SurfKY News a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), license to use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, create derivative works of, distribute, transfer or sell any such content, for any purpose, including commercial purposes and in connection with advertising for the sole benefit of SurfKY News (collectively, "use"), in any type of media or in any form now known or later developed, without any payment to you. In addition, you automatically waive and give up any claim that any use of such content violates any of your rights, including privacy rights, publicity rights, moral rights or any other right, including the right to approve the way SurfKY News uses such content. You also grant SurfKY News the right to use any material, information, ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you provide, submit, or otherwise make available to SurfKY News for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, commercial purposes. By submitting Member Content, you automatically warrant and represent to SurfKY News that you are the owner of all intellectual property rights in and to the Member Content or that you otherwise have all sufficient rights to grant the license above. By submitting Member Content, you further warrant and represent that the Member Content infringes no third-party right of privacy, right of publicity, or any other third-party right or proprietary interest.
Copyright SurfKY News respects the copyrights of others and expects its users to do the same. SurfKY News will respond expeditiously to notices of alleged copyright infringement that are duly reported to our office. We will disable and/or terminate the accounts of Users who are repeat infringers.
If you believe that SurfKY News or any user of SurfKY News local newspapers online in Kentucky has infringed your copyright, please notify our office and provide the following information.
1. An identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
2. An identification of the material on the SurfKY News local newspaper site that you claim is infringing or is subject to infringing activity that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, with enough detail (including without limitation the URL of the material) to allow us to locate the material on our site.
3. Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
4. A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
5. A statement by you declaring that the above information in your Notice is accurate, made under penalty of perjury, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright interest involved.
6. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
1. Provide any information that is false, misleading or inaccurate.
2. Use any portion of any SurfKY News local newspaper in Kentucky for any unlawful purpose or otherwise fail to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations.
3. Use any portion of any SurfKY News local newspaper in Kentucky for uploading, posting, e-mailing, transmitting or otherwise making available Member Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
4. Use any portion of any SurfKY News local newspaper in Kentucky for uploading, posting, e-mailing, transmitting or otherwise making available Member Content that is harmful to minors in any way, harassing, harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, libelous, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
5. Use any portion of any SurfKY News local newspaper in Kentucky for uploading, posting, e-mailing, transmitting or otherwise making available junk mail, commercial advertisements, or any other form of commercial solicitation.
6. Attempt to interfere with any other person's use of any SurfKY News local newspaper in Kentucky.
7. Misrepresent your identity or impersonate any person.
8. Hold yourself out as sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with any SurfKY News local newspaper in Kentucky.
9. Attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, recompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by any SurfKY News local newspaper in Kentucky or SurfKY News Group Inc.
10. Use or launch any automated means including spiders, robots, crawlers, scrapers and the like, to download or copy data or content from any SurfKY News local newspaper in Kentucky.
11. Distribute any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to: (i) disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any SurfKY News local newspaper in Kentucky, any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment used in connection therewith; or (ii) damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party.
12. Take any action that: (i) imposes or may impose, in any SurfKY News local newspaper in Kentucky's sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on its infrastructure; (ii) interferes or attempts to interfere with the proper working of SurfKY News; or (iii) disrupts or diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of SurfKY News in any way.
Disclaimer While SurfKY News strives for accuracy, it does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information nor does SurfKY News warrant or guarantee that any files available for downloading will be free of defects. Neither SurfKY News nor any of its information providers will be liable in any way to you or to other parties for delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in material published in SurfKY News local newspaper sites in Kentucky.
The content, services, and features of any SurfKY News local newspaper in Kentucky are subject to change without notice. The inclusion of any content, services, and features on any SurfKY News local newspaper in Kentucky at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time.
While we take reasonable steps to ensure that no viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other destructive properties are present, the entire risk as to the quality and performance of any SurfKY News local newspaper in Kentucky and the accuracy and completeness of any information is with you.
Opinions, advice and all other information expressed on any SurfKY News local newspaper forums, comment sections, classifieds, and any other area where user-generated Content is displayed, represent the individual's own views and are not necessarily those of SurfKY News. SurfKY News does not endorse and is not responsible for statements, advice and opinions made by anyone other than authorized SurfKY News spokespersons.
SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON INFRINGEMENT, OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT OR ANY OTHER SERVICE OR PRODUCT ON OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ANY LINK TO ANOTHER WEB SITE OR RESOURCE). In no event will SurfKY News be liable for (i) any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of programs or information, and the like) arising out of the use of or inability to use SurfKY News, or any information or services provided on SurfKY News, even if SurfKY News has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or (ii) any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies published on SurfKY News.
SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Indemnification You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SurfKY News Group Inc, its affiliates, employees, officers, directors, and agents from and against any and all liability, loss, claims, damages, costs and/or actions (including attorney's fees) based on or arising from any breach by you of your obligations under these Terms of Service. We reserve the right to defend any such claim, and you agree to provide us with such reasonable cooperation and information as we may request.
Jurisdiction This agreement between SurfKY News Group Inc (any SurfKY News Local Newspapers in Kentucky owned and operated by SurfKY News Group Inc) and its users will be governed and interpreted under the laws of the state of Kentucky, Courts located in Hopkins County Kentucky, have jurisdiction in any dispute arising from these Terms of Service. In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is found to be in conflict with the law, such provision shall be restated to reflect the original intent, and all other terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
Arbitration Any legal controversy or legal claim arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service or SurfKY News Group Inc online newspapers in Kentucky, excluding legal action taken by SurfKY News Group Inc to obtain an injunction relating to its intellectual property, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Hopkins County Kentucky, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Termination Notwithstanding any provision of this Terms of Service, SurfKY News Group Inc reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate any or all of the SurfKY News local newspapers online in Kentucky service and/or your license to use any of the SurfKY News local newspapers in Kentucky service, or to block or prevent future access to and use of any SurfKY News local newspaper in Kentucky.
Sever ability If any provision of these Terms of Service shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed sever able from these Terms of Service and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
SurfKY Offices are located at:
We try to read all comments sent to us and try to respond to as many as possible. Technical questions regarding your software, your configuration or your connection should be directed to your Internet access provider. SurfKY News cannot address questions except those specifically about content and services we provide. Thank you for choosing SurfKY News local newspapers for your local news provider.
|< Prev||Next >|