MADISONVILLE, Ky. (10/28/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Oct. 28.
Madisonville Firefighters responded to a gas leak at 224 Murray St., Madisonville just after noon Friday, Oct. 26. MFD discovered a gas line leak below the ground as the structure above it was being razed. Firefighters remained on the scene until the leak was stopped by Atmos Energy.
Madisonville Firefighters reported to Ideal Market at 10:41 p.m. Friday, Oct. 27 located at 800 E. Center St., Madisonville, after the manager explained that employees and customers had reported smelling natural gas. Engine 17's crew used a flammable gas detector around the gas cooking appliances in the kitchen area. The meter detected a leak and then after further investigation, could not duplicate the same reading. Atmos Energy was summoned and had the same problem. A burner on the stove was suspected and the scene was turned over to Atmos as fire units returned to the station.
Information provided by Chief Steve Stoltz
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|