Madisonville, Ky. (2/17/14) – Madisonville Community College’s internal scholarship application submission date is Mar. 1 for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Completed application packets should be delivered to the college’s Financial Aid Office and should contain:
- Completed MCC Internal Scholarship Application
- Two or more letters of recommendation
- If graduating high school during the current academic year, submit high school transcripts to the Admissions Office and include a copy with scholarship application. Note: High school official must complete information box on page 3.
- If transferring from a college outside the Kentucky Community & Technical College System, submit college transcript to Admissions Office and include a copy with scholarship application.
- Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) filing date
- Passport or wallet sized photo for media publication (optional)
A variety of scholarship opportunities are available for students and awards are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or veteran status, except in cases where such are determined as criteria by the donor.
Scholarship awards are based on the availability of funds and vary each year.
Applications received by Mar. 1 are reviewed and ranked by members of the college’s Scholarship Committee.
If the applicant is not eligible for awards, the Scholarship Coordinator will notify the student via the email address provided on the scholarship application. If the applicant is eligible and funds are available, the student will receive an acceptance letter in early June at the address provided.
The award acceptance form must be returned to the Financial Aid Office by the specified date in order for the award to be posted to the student’s financial aid account.
All scholarship recipients must file a FAFSA annually, maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, and meet the criteria for the awards they receive.For additional information regarding scholarship opportunities, visit the Cost & Financial Aid section on MCC’s website or call (855)-55GO-MCC.
Information provided by Joyce Riggs
|< Prev||Next >|