MADISONVILLE, KY (9/20/12) – On Wednesday, September 19, the Madisonville Fire Department (MFD) reported three instances of activity within the Madisonville city limits.
At approximately 3:29 PM, while returning to Station 4, Engine 3 came upon a traffic accident involving 3 vehicles and a total of 8 occupants. Engine 3 notified Central Dispatch of the accident. The crew got out to investigate and found all occupants uninjured. Madisonville Police Department arrived on-scene and the fire crew assisted with traffic control. Vehicles were moved out of the roadway under their own power and the scene was turned over to the Madisonville Police Department. No further action was taken and unit returned to station.
At approximately 9:20 PM, an alarm was received from Central Dispatch for report of smoke in the area of 721 Oak Street. When fire crews arrived on scene, there was low-lying smoke in the area. Upon further investigation, fire crew found wood smoldering in a fire pit at 728 Oak St. After advising the homeowner of the situation, Engine 17 crew extinguished the smoldering wood with a garden hose from the residence. The scene was deemed safe. No further action was taken. All fire units returned to station.
In the early morning hours of Thursday, September 20, MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for report of fire alarm activation at 1201 East Center Street (Hampton Inn). Upon arrival, fire crew was met by the desk clerk and advised that the detector activation was located in the kitchen pantry. After further investigation, fire crew found all areas clear and detectors to be working properly. The desk clerk further advised that the alarm company had reset the alarm and the panel showed all systems were normal. The scene was deemed safe. No further action was taken. All fire units returned to station.
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.
|< Prev||Next >|