MADISONVILLE, Ky. (11/20/13) - The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Nov. 20.
The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch at approximately 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 19 that a heater caught on fire at 164 Murray St. The caller stated that the fire was out but wanted the fire department to come out to check the extension and smoke removal. A crew arrived on the scene and went into the house where they located a portable electric heater melted in the center of the floor on an area rug. The rug was then removed from the residence along with a few other items with melted plastic on them. A pressurized water extinguisher was used to further extinguish the area rug and the sub-floor. After the smoke was cleared the scene was deemed safe and crew R.T.S.
Information provided by Madisonville Fire Department
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|