Some congestion can be expected in the downtown area beginning at 7 a.m. Saturday, July 6, for the Lexington Farmer’s Market at Fifth-Third Pavilion at Cheapside Park.
Some congestion can be expected in the downtown area beginning at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, July 11, for Central Bank Thursday Night Live at the Fifth Third Pavilion at Cheapside Park.
Traffic can be expected to be congested on Leestown Road from Thursday, July 11, through Sunday, July 21, for the Lexington Lions Club Bluegrass Fair at Masterson Station Park. Motorists are advised to be patient or seek alternative routes through the area.
The Division of Engineering issued grading permits during the period June 21-27 for the following addresses: 1846 Falling Leaves Lane, 1850 Falling Leaves Lane, 3884 Leighton Lane, 3217 Toll Gate Road, 3221 Toll Gate Road, 4779 Versailles Road, 3769 Branham Park, 1728 Sandhurst Cove, 3755 Sunflower Street, 3756 Sunflower Street, ,1810 Browning Trace, and 1849 Goodpaster Way. Permits are issued for six months and can include some blasting.
SIGNIFICANT TRAFFIC IMPACT
Portions of the following streets will be blocked as needed through Friday, July 12, for milling and paving operations:
• Beaver Creek Drive between Hidden Point Driver and Green River Court;
• Bent Bough Place between Woodhill Drive and Cul-de-sac;
• Bonanza Drive between Reno Drive and cul-de-sac;
• Chelsea Woods Drive between Chelsea Woods Drive and cul-de-sac;
• Clearwood Court between Larkwood Drive and cul-de-sac;
• Codell Drive between Palumbo Drive and cul-de-sac;
• Crystal Court between Pebble Lake Drive and cul-de-sac;
• Cypress Point Way between Old Todds Road and Muifield Place;
• East Hills Drive between Man O’ War Boulevard and Woodview Drive;
• Fox Trace Road between Buckhorn Drive and Royal Wood Road’
• Foxchase Court between Hunters Point Drive and cul-de-sac;
• Gatlinburg Court between Smokey Mountain Drive and cul-de-sac;
• North Eagle Creek Road between Richmond Road and Blazer Parkway;
• Oakbrook Drive between East Edgebrook Drive and cul-de-sac;
• Old Todds Road between Codell Drive and Catera Trace;
• Palumbo Drive between East New Circle Road and Old Todds Road;
• Pittman Creek Court between South Eagle Creek Drive and cul-de-sac;
• Royal Wood Road between Buckhorn Drive and Fox Trace Road;
• South Eagle Creek between Richmond Road and Beaver Creek Drive;
• Squires Road between Greenbo Road and Dale Hollow Drive; and
• Woodview Drive and the end of the street.
The street and sidewalk of Lexington Avenue will be blocked between the Avenue of Champions and East Maxwell Street from Monday, July 1, through Monday, July 22, for sewer work.
West Second Street will be CLOSED to through traffic from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. between Saunier Street and Bruce Street from Monday, July 8, through Friday, July 12, for sewer work.
DeRoode Street will be CLOSED between Versailles Road and McKinley Street 24 hours a day through December 31, for work on the Newtown Pike extension project. Motorists can access the neighborhood from Merino Street to McKinley Street to Byars Alley.
MODERATE TRAFFIC IMPACT
One land of Elizabeth Street will be blocked at Waller Avenue from Tuesday, July 9, through Friday, July 12, for utility work.
The outbound bicycle lane of Euclid Avenue will be blocked between Kentucky Avenue and Marquis Avenue through Wednesday, July 31, for utility work.
Southbound South Mill Street will be CLOSED between West Maxwell Street and Pine Street through Friday, July 12, for construction work.
One lane of St. Margaret Drive will be blocked at St. Michael Drive, at St. Christopher Drive and at St. Teresa Drive through Friday, August 16, for waterline repair.
NOTE: Citizens can call the Traffic Hotline through the city’s Traffic Management Center at 258-3611 to hear traffic updates or check local road conditions. The public can get information on accidents, lane blockages, snow and ice trouble spots and road closures through Twitter (@lexwrecks) or through the Crosstown Traffic Show. The show broadcasts live from 6:30-8:30 a.m. weekday mornings on cable GTV3.
Information provided by Dottie Bean
Copyright 2013 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|< Prev||Next >|