GOLDEN POND, KY (4/4/12) – Land Between The Lakes (LBL) National Recreation Area will host a series of public meetings to gather ideas and thoughts on how to address recent maintenance budget reductions for facilities, campgrounds, and roads.
To make it convenient for members of the area, four public meetings will take place, one in each gateway community.
• Tuesday, April 10, 5-7pm at LBL’s Administrative Office, 100 Van Morgan Drive, Golden Pond, KY
• Saturday, April 14, 12-2pm at Historic Cherokee at Kenlake State Resort Park, 974 Cherokee Lane, Aurora, KY
• Thursday, April 26, 5-7pm at Stewart County Visitor Center, 117 Visitor Center Lane, Dover, TN
• Tuesday, May 1, 5-7pm at Grand Rivers Senior/Community Center, 155 W Cumberland Avenue, Grand Rivers, KY
“We want to plan ahead for budget reductions using ideas from our communities,” said LBL Communications Services Manager, Jan Bush. “Before we make any decisions, we want to hear from as many people as possible about how we can continue to provide quality outdoor recreation and environmental education opportunities with fewer maintenance dollars.”
All public input received will be compiled and posted on www.lbl.org/TravelFlash.html. This information will help Forest Service staff make future decisions about LBL services. These meetings will give the public an opportunity to identify and discuss a wide range of mission-appropriate alternatives and options, such as specific services to reduce, fees to increase, and most of all, identify new ways to offset these budget reductions.
The public input process will be conducted in 3 phases:
1. Conduct public meetings in Stewart County, TN and in Livingston, Marshall, and Trigg Counties in KY. Background materials of existing services, fees, and expenses will be provided and posted on www.lbl.org/TravelFlash.html.
2. Post public input from each session within days on www.lbl.org/TravelFlash.html.
3. Conduct online survey May 9-21, on summary of public input and comments.
LBL welcomes public input and comments throughout this entire process. Please e-mail
, or mail comments to 100 Van Morgan Drive, Golden Pond, KY 42211. To be most useful, your comments should be received by May 17 and should consider the meeting notes and other comments that will be posted on our website at www.lbl.org/TravelFlash.html.
Come Outside and Play at Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area. Managed by the Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Land Between The Lakes provides outdoor recreation and environmental education for the public to enjoy. LBL encourages visitors to review the official website www.lbl.org often for Calendar of Events, updates on programs, policies, safety information, maps, and temporary trail and road closures.
Information provided by Regina Roby
Copyright 2013 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|< Prev||Next >|