FRANKFORT, Ky. (3/25/13) – The Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) has scheduled a public forum April 23 from 4-6 p.m. EDT to give individuals with disabilities, advocates and other interested individuals an opportunity to provide feedback on the services OVR provides to Kentuckians with disabilities.
The purpose of the forum is to gather input on the draft of the triennial State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) and on proposed changes to the State Plan for Vocational Rehabilitation.
The public forum will take place at the University of Kentucky Human Development Institute on the Coldstream Campus at 1525 Bull Lea Road, Suite 160 in Lexington. There will be video links to the forum available at the following locations:
• Carl D. Perkins Vocational Training Center, 5659 Main St., Thelma;
• Center for Accessible Living, 305 W. Broadway, Suite 200, Louisville; and
• Center for Accessible Living, 1051 N. 16th St., Suite C, Murray.
In addition, the following locations will be linked to the public forum via telephone conferencing:
• Disability Resource Initiative, 624 Eastwood St., Bowling Green;
• Independence Place, 1093 S. Broadway, Suite 1218, Lexington;
• Independence Place, 2932 Winchester Ave., Ashland;
• Independence Place, 60 Mackey Ave., Williamsburg; and
• Pathfinders for Independence, 105 E. Mound St., Harlan.
The Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, an agency of the Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet’s Department of Workforce Investment, assists Kentuckians with disabilities to achieve gainful employment and independence. For more information about services, call the office toll free at 800-372-7172 or visit the OVR website at www.ovr.ky.gov.
The Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet coordinates learning programs from P-16 and manages and supports training and employment functions in the Department of Workforce Investment. For more information about our programs, visit www.educationcabinet.ky.gov or www.workforce.ky.gov.
Information provided by the Education and Workforce Development Cabinet
Photo provided by SurfKY Graphics
Copyright 2013 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|< Prev||Next >|