FRANKFORT, Ky. (6/4/13) – The Kentucky Environmental Quality Commission (EQC) is conducting its annual meeting June 5-6, 2013, at the Louisville Zoo, 1100 Trevilian Way.
The meeting will take place in the Treetop Room and is scheduled for 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Wednesday and 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. on Thursday.
Questions to be addressed by all presentations include: Are communities involved in or impacted by the issue? What local, state or federal policy or legislation is related to this issue? What direct role can EQC play in resolution or advancement of this issue?
June 5 Agenda
• Kentucky Division of Water, Clark Dorman, manager – selenium
Department for Natural Resources, Larry Arnett, deputy commissioner; Steve Kull, assistant director, Division of Forestry – update on changes in the forestry division
• Kentucky Division for Air Quality, John Lyons, director – discussions on near road multi-pollutant ambient air monitoring stations; Kentucky State Implementation Plan; updates on mercury and air toxic standards for new power plants; and permit revisions
• Kentucky Division of Waste, Tony Hatton, director – updates on Lees Lane; Black Leaf; and ongoing projects
• Environmental Quality Commission.
• Overview of the day
June 6 Agenda
• Assessment of June 5 meeting
• EQC needs and request/budgeting
• Meeting Dates for Fiscal Year 2013-2014
• Topics for further discussion:
o Conservation – Environmental outreach and education
o Residential energy efficiency
o Alternative energy
o Economic impact of mining on communities
o Environmental Justice/Community Assessments
• Commission goals and timelines
• Commissioners’ teleconference dates
Information provided by Ricki Gardenhire
Copyright 2013 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|< Prev||Next >|