The ten were selected based on data from the Teaching, Educating, Leading and Learning (TELL) Kentucky Survey, which was administered to all public school teachers and principals in March of this year.
During the Continuous Improvement Summit in Louisville, each school received a certificate and a 4’ x 6’ banner. Schools recognized as being in the Winner’s Circle of working conditions and student achievement are:
• Cuba Elementary School (Graves County)
• Murray High School (Murray Independent)
• McLean Middle School (McLean County)
• Cub Run Elementary School (Hart County)
• Corbin Middle School (Corbin Independent)
• Carter Traditional Elementary School (Jefferson County)
• Elkhorn Crossing School (Scott County)
• Conner Middle School (Boone County)
• Boone County Area Technology Center
• West Liberty Elementary School (Morgan County)
The ten were selected in a four-phase process. In Phase I, schools that reached the minimum 50 percent survey response rate threshold were identified. In Phase II, student test scores from the 2011-12 school year were analyzed, and a cut-off point was set to ensure that successful schools continued to the next phase of selection. In Phase III, schools were examined for details regarding their TELL Kentucky results, as well as other criteria (such as school safety), using a rubric designed by the New Teacher Center and the TELL Kentucky Advisory Team. Phase IV schools met all of the minimum criteria for selection, and the Advisory Team reviewed these to select 50 exemplary schools across the state.
From the 50 Honorable Mentions, one school in each of Kentucky’s State Board/Judicial Districts, two at-large schools and one area technology center were awarded the Winners’ Circle honors. Winning schools and Honorable Mentions will be used as examples of best practices for other schools across the state.
Information provided by Rebecca Blessing
Copyright 2013 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|< Prev||Next >|