firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

e-max.it: your social media marketing partner

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

Posted on 2/2/14
3/13 - 16
3/13 - 16

Most Read This Week

May 22, 2015 6744

Madisonville Man Charged with First-Degree Rape

by SurfKY News
May 23, 2015 6442

Missing 5-Year-Old Boy Found

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
May 19, 2015 6131

Owensboro Health Proposes Building $15M Health…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
May 19, 2015 3909

Two Charged with Marijuana Possession after…

by SurfKY News
May 20, 2015 3428

Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park Holding Beach…

by Gil Lawson

Most Read This Month

May 15, 2015 10621

New Madisonville Business In Full Operation Soon

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
May 15, 2015 7458

Investigation of Local Barber Shop Leads to Drug…

by SurfKY News

Stories Trending Now

May 25, 2015 1555

UPDATE - MPD Seeks Three in Residential Robbery

by SurfKY News
May 24, 2015 1284

MCC's Felicia Johnson Receives State KCTCS Award

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
May 23, 2015 1087

'Cooking for the Cure' Fundraiser Brings Out…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
May 25, 2015 740

Can Sunscreen Save Your Life?

by Melissa Patrick
May 25, 2015 661

Hopkins Man Injured in Muhlenberg Motorcycle…

by SurfKY News
May 24, 2015 640

Reading Solutions Offers Students a Hand in…

by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
May 24, 2015 624

Caldwell County Native Helping Unwrap Secrets of…

by Whitney Harder
May 24, 2015 518

Prosecutors from Kentucky, Tennessee to Attend…

by Leland Hulbert
May 23, 2015 516

Whitfield Meets with Kentucky Ambulance Providers

by Ed Whitfield
May 24, 2015 423

'Remember Our Military' by Glenn Mollette

by SurfKY News