BOWLING GREEN, KY (12/14/11) – BOWLING GREEN, Ky. – Western Kentucky University received 17 awards at the annual Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) Kentucky conference’s awards program Friday (Dec. 9) at the Hilton Lexington Downtown in Lexington.
Among the awards received, eight were Grand Champion Awards, the top honor awarded annually by the organization.
CASE Kentucky is a statewide organization that serves advancement professionals from alumni relations, communications and development at more than 70 public and private colleges, universities, private secondary and elementary schools, as well as other educational organizations. Affiliated with both the Southeast CASE District and the national CASE organization, CASE Kentucky offers professional development, networking and scholarship opportunities and fundraising assistance through programs such as the annual conference and awards competition.
“We value CASE due to its excellent reputation of providing quality professional development opportunities,” said John Paul Blair, Assistant Vice President of Development in WKU’s Office of Development and Alumni Relations, winners of the Grand Champion Award for the Total Educational Fundraising category for the Campaign for Western Kentucky University. “Winning the top state award is a source of encouragement and validation of the great philanthropic support provided by WKU’s alumni and friends.”
This year, CASE Kentucky offered awards in 52 categories, including new categories in social media and interactive media. WKU was honored with the top prize in both categories. In each category judges had the option of awarding one Grand Champion Award, up to two Awards of Excellence and three Special Merit Awards.
“In the last year, we have put a lot of focus on becoming a leader in the use of social and interactive media in higher education. Being recognized for a job well done gives us motivation to keep forging ahead,” said Robbin Taylor, WKU Vice President of Public Affairs.
CASE Kentucky awards recognized several departments across campus.
Grand Champion Award winners:
• Total Educational Fundraising Program category- The Campaign for Western Kentucky University (WKU Major & Planned Giving)
• Overall Alumni Relations Program category – WKU Alumni Association (Alumni Relations and Annual Giving)
• Educational Fundraising category -- The Campaign for Western Kentucky University (Office of Development & Alumni Relations)
• Student Recruitment Printed Publication – WKU Theatre Program Brochure (WKU Public Affairs, University Publications and the WKU Department of Theatre and Dance)
• Other Magazines category -- Arts & Letters, The Magazine of Potter College at WKU (WKU Public Affairs, University Publications and Potter College of Arts & Letters)
• Visual Design for Print category -- WKU NOVA Center Wall Art (WKU Public Affairs, University Publications and the WKU NOVA Center)
• Photography and Photo Essay Series, Photography category – “Victory,” by Clinton Lewis (WKU Public Affairs, University Photography)
• Web and Electronic Communications, Other Electronic Communications category – WKU Interactive Campus Map and Virtual Tour (WKU Public Affairs, Creative Web Services)
• Web and Electronic Communications, Social Media category – Foursquare @ WKU (WKU Public Affairs, Creative Web Services)
Awards of Excellence winners:
• Printed Publications, Direct Mail category – Visual and Performing Arts Calendar of Events Flyer (WKU Public Affairs, University Publications and Potter College of Arts & Letters)
• Overall Alumni Relations Programs category -- Overall WKU Alumni Association (Office of Development & Alumni Relations)
• Alumni Magazines III category -- WKU Spirit (Office of Development & Alumni Relations)
• Visual Design, Illustrations category – WKU Symphony Keyboard Carnival Poster (WKU Public Affairs, University Publications and the WKU Department of Music)
• Web and Electronic Communications, Home Page Design and Implementation – WKU.edu homepage (WKU Public Affairs, Creative Web Services)
• Web and Electronic Communications, Overall Website Design and Implementation – WKU.edu website (WKU Public Affairs, Creative Web Services)
Special Merit winners:
• Printed Publications, Institutional Publications category – WKU Wedding Venues Brochure (WKU Public Affairs, University Publications and WKU Campus and Community Events)
• Printed Publications, Internal Tabloids and Newsletters category – Modern Language Fall 2011 Newsletter (WKU Public Affairs, University Publications)
• Photography and Photo Essay Series, Photography category – “The Yellow Fan,” by Clinton Lewis (WKU Public Affairs, University Photography)
Information provided by WK University
Copyright 2013 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|< Prev||Next >|