CALLOWAY, Ky. (1/7/13) – The Yeiser Art Center (YAC) will host the 20th Annual Teen Spirit Exhibition on Sunday, Jan. 20 from 2PM-4PM at the Yeiser Art Center, 200 Broadway in Paducah. For the 20th anniversary, the Teen Spirit exhibition will be bigger than ever, as Juror Paul Aho has selected 174 works, from 147 artists, representing 14 schools. Nearly 500 pieces of work were entered for judging.
Fifteen students from Calloway County High School have had work accepted into the show. Students and the categories include:
• Summer Beasley, relief print:
• Anna Brashear, Painting and Perspective Drawing;
• Miranda Braun, Painting and Perspective Drawing;
• Amber Harris, Water Color;
• Casey Johnson, Painting and Artist Book;
• Haley Kreiter. Artist Book;
• Christina Lee, relief print and Artist Book;
• Tianna Nawrocki, drawing;
• Cassidy Neal, relief print;
• Matt Parrish, Ceramic Platter;
• Carrie Rowhuff, Still Life Painting;
• Olivia Stokes, Painting;
• Abigai Stringer, Paper Mache Mask;
• Veronica_Verdicia, oil on canvas;
• Acronia Wulff, photo
Other participating schools included: Ballard County High School, Cape Central High School, Community Christian Academy, Dogwood Valley Academy, and other homeschooled students, Heath High School, Johnston City High School , Livingston Central High School, Lone Oak High School, Marion High School, Massac County High School , Reidland High School, St. Mary School System, and Paducah Tilghman High School.
The YAC will be displaying the massive amount of art in the salon style, or stacked, sometimes two or three pieces high on the wall. The YAC will be FULL of art. Located in downtown Paducah, the Yeiser Art Center is a non-profit visual arts organization celebrating more than fifty years of serving the community through exhibitions and education throughout the Tri-State Region.
The Yeiser Art Center is open Tuesday - Saturday 10:00am to 5:00pm. Admission is free and open to the public. The Yeiser Art Center is wheelchair accessible.
Information provided by David Dowdy
Copyright 2013 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|< Prev||Next >|