CALLOWAY COUNTY, Ky. (9/16/13) – On Saturday, September 14, at approximately 7:11 p.m., Calloway County Dispatch received a 911 call from a neighboring residence advising that a house at 669 Cook Store Trail, near Codwater, had exploded.
Calloway County Fire & Rescue responded to find the house fully engulfed in flames. Four people that were inside the house advised one other person was inside and did not make it out. The deceased was later located and has not been positively identified as this time. The four that were in the house during the explosion received sever injuries. Barbara Parker was flown from the scene to a Tennessee hospital. The other three were transported by Calloway County EMS to Murray-Calloway County Hospital.
Kentucky State Police is leading the investigation with the assistance from the State Fire Marshal, Calloway County Corner, and Calloway Sheriff’s Department. The cause of the explosion has yet to be officially determined; however Kentucky State Police can confirm the house was heated with Liquid Propane, and it is suspected that this may have contributed to this incident.
Police and Fire personnel remained on scene throughout the night.
Information provided by Tony Cornwell (Kentucky State Police)
Copyright 2013 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|< Prev||Next >|