HOPKINSVILLE, Ky. (3/15/13) – Hopkinsville Community College Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) honor society members participated in the Kentucky regional PTK convention held at Ashland Community and Technical College on March 8 and 9. HCC’s chapter was presented with ten awards at the meeting.
HCC’s PTK chapter received the following awards:
1. Valory Henson -- Distinguished Chapter Officer
2. Matt Roberts -- Distinguished Chapter Officer
3. College Project Award
4. Five Star Chapter Award
5. Distinguished Officer Team (Kayla Zeedar, Stanley Jordan, Valory Henson, Stephen Genco, Matt Roberts, Amy Nightengale, Renee Terry, Jayde Greene, Angela Green, Lauren Johnson, Katina Worrell)
6. Honors In Action Project Award
7. Honors In Action Topic Award
8. Distinguished Chapter Award
9. Kayla Zeedar -- Distinguished Regional Officer Award
10. Patrick Holland -- Distinguished Regional Officer Award
According to the PTK website, the purpose of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunity for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.
The honor society’s mission is to recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and; provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming.
Information provided by Rena Young
Photo provided by SurfKY Graphics
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|