HOPKINSVILLE, Ky. (8/19/13) – Jennie Stuart Medical Center is holding the following classes and events in September:
1. Thursday, Sept. 5, 6-8 p.m.—Free breastfeeding class led by an RN lactation consultant at the Board Room, second floor of JSMC, 320 W. 18th Street, Hopkinsville. Reserve a seat by calling 270-885-2888.
2. Saturday, Sept. 7, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.—JSMC nurses from the Emergency and Education departments will participate in a Community Preparedness Fair at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 1118 Pin Oak Dr., Hopkinsville. For information, call 270-885-8253.
3. Monday, Sept. 9, 5:15 p.m.—Support group for spouses, caregivers and survivors of strokes and head injuries at Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of the Doctors Pavilion at JSMC. Call 270-885-7023.
4. Tuesday, Sept. 10, 4:30 p.m.—Ratilal Gajera, MD, JSMC Medical Oncology, will hold a Q&A session at the weekly cancer support group meeting of patients and family members at Doctors Pavilion conference room E, JSMC. No reservation required.
5. Tuesday, Sept. 17, 7 a.m.—JSMC Education Department nurses will provide blood sugar screenings and blood pressure checks at the Hopkinsville Parks and Recreation Department Pennyrile Senior Games, 2600 Thomas Street. Call 270-887-4290.
6. Tuesday, Sept. 17, 6 p.m.—Weight-loss surgery support group at Doctors Pavilion conference rooms A, B & C, JSMC. No reservation required. For more information call 800-887-JSMC, ext. 4402.
7. Monday, Sept. 23, 5:30 p.m.—Weight-loss surgery informational seminar by Gerame Wells, MD, FACS, at Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of the Doctors Pavilion at JSMC. Reserve a seat by calling 800-887-JSMC, ext. 4402.
8. Thursday, Sept. 26, 8-9:30 a.m. or 2:30-4 p.m.—Pediatric abusive head trauma “Shaken Baby Syndrome” class for licensed healthcare professionals at Doctors Pavilion conference rooms A, B & C, JSMC. $15. Call to register, 270-887-6859.
Classes and events are updated frequently on the JSMC website, jsmc.org.
Information provided by Linda Browder
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.