HOPKINSVILLE, Ky. (8/19/13) – Jennie Stuart Medical Center is holding the following classes and events in September:
1. Thursday, Sept. 5, 6-8 p.m.—Free breastfeeding class led by an RN lactation consultant at the Board Room, second floor of JSMC, 320 W. 18th Street, Hopkinsville. Reserve a seat by calling 270-885-2888.
2. Saturday, Sept. 7, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.—JSMC nurses from the Emergency and Education departments will participate in a Community Preparedness Fair at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 1118 Pin Oak Dr., Hopkinsville. For information, call 270-885-8253.
3. Monday, Sept. 9, 5:15 p.m.—Support group for spouses, caregivers and survivors of strokes and head injuries at Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of the Doctors Pavilion at JSMC. Call 270-885-7023.
4. Tuesday, Sept. 10, 4:30 p.m.—Ratilal Gajera, MD, JSMC Medical Oncology, will hold a Q&A session at the weekly cancer support group meeting of patients and family members at Doctors Pavilion conference room E, JSMC. No reservation required.
5. Tuesday, Sept. 17, 7 a.m.—JSMC Education Department nurses will provide blood sugar screenings and blood pressure checks at the Hopkinsville Parks and Recreation Department Pennyrile Senior Games, 2600 Thomas Street. Call 270-887-4290.
6. Tuesday, Sept. 17, 6 p.m.—Weight-loss surgery support group at Doctors Pavilion conference rooms A, B & C, JSMC. No reservation required. For more information call 800-887-JSMC, ext. 4402.
7. Monday, Sept. 23, 5:30 p.m.—Weight-loss surgery informational seminar by Gerame Wells, MD, FACS, at Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of the Doctors Pavilion at JSMC. Reserve a seat by calling 800-887-JSMC, ext. 4402.
8. Thursday, Sept. 26, 8-9:30 a.m. or 2:30-4 p.m.—Pediatric abusive head trauma “Shaken Baby Syndrome” class for licensed healthcare professionals at Doctors Pavilion conference rooms A, B & C, JSMC. $15. Call to register, 270-887-6859.
Classes and events are updated frequently on the JSMC website, jsmc.org.
Information provided by Linda Browder