firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (11/12/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following activity reports Tuesday, Nov. 12.

• MFD crews responded to a structure fire on Richmond Drive Saturday, Nov. 9 to check on the status of an extinguished electrical outlet fire.

About 10:57 a.m., MFD was alerted by the homeowner that she wanted firefighters to check and clear the structure to ensure the fire was totally out. The crew found a burned electrical outlet with parts of a power strip melted into the outlet. None of the breakers were tripped and the crew disabled the affected breaker. The refrigerator, which was connected to the electrical circuit, was switched to another outlet.

Crews advised the homeowner to have the wiring checked.

• On Sunday, Nov. 10 MFD responded to a fire inside Electro Cycle at 230 Baldwin Drive. At about 1:09 p.m., MFD was alerted by Central Dispatch that the fire was just inside the door.

Crews determined that the fire was contained inside a dust collection duct. There were no visible flames but the duct showed signs of being heated from the burning materials inside.

The maintenance personnel were advised to shut down the ventilation system and to cut power to equipment in the area. Water was used to cool the overheated duct and a thermal camera was used to determine if the fire had spread.

The fire was contained to the single duct, and crews continued to apply water on it until it had cooled enough to ensure there was no danger of re-ignition.

• An electrical short in a garbage disposal caused minor damage to an apartment on East Broadway. MFD received a report at 8:55 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 10 and determined the fire was in the C side of the apartment complex. A thermal image camera the fire was quickly discovered below and above the kitchen sink.

Crews forced air ventilation to vent smoke from the structure after opening the bedroom window in the apartment. It was determined that the fire had spread toward the cabinets, where a microwave was located. The apartment suffered minor smoke and water damage.

• An alarm activated at Baptist Health Hospital at 900 Hospital Drive at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12 was triggered by burned fan belts in the air handler unit of the mechanical room on the second floor of the East storage room.

Light smoke was visible in the hallway when crews arrived in the area where the alarm panel was located. Fire crews used both negative and positive ventilation fans to remove smoke from the structure.

SurfKY News
Information provided by Chief Steve Stolz

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

In Other News...

Longest Elementary Student Hold 'How-To Demonstrations'

MUHLENBERG COUNTY, Ky. (3/26/15) — During the February 4H meeting, the fourth graders at Longest Elementary held their… Read More

CC Lions Club to Award Two $500 Scholarships

CENTRAL CITY, Ky. (3/27/15) — The Central City Lions Club is offering graduating high school seniors living in… Read More

Most Read This Week

March 18, 2015 9442

UPDATE: Hanson Man Located in Henderson, Taken to…

by Trooper Stu Recke
March 25, 2015 4955

Fazoli's, Roses Coming to Madisonville

by Amber Averitt, SurfKY News
March 24, 2015 4877

One Dies, Another Injured in Mortons Gap Traffic…

by Deputy Heath Owens
March 25, 2015 4772

Grand Jury Finds No Criminal Wrongdoing in Bean…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
March 24, 2015 4031

UPDATE: One Injured in Hopkinsville Road Accident

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
March 25, 2015 3712

Madisonville Man's Living Room Leap Lands Him in…

by Madisonville Police Department / Hopkins County Detention Center

Most Read This Month

February 25, 2015 13825

Multi-Agency Investigation Nets Large-Scale Meth…

by Trooper Stu Recke
March 09, 2015 12863

Multi-Agency Drug Bust Results in $1 Million Meth…

by KSP DESI

Stories Trending Today

March 26, 2015 1422

‘Chasing Rainbow’ Heart Walk Raises Funds for AHA

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
March 26, 2015 1137

Two Injured after Jumping from Second Floor to…

by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
March 26, 2015 1035

Madisonville Police Arrest Reports - March 26,…

by Madisonville Police Department
March 26, 2015 1032

Baptist Health Honors Staff with Years of Service…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
March 26, 2015 992

Hopkins District Court Fines Handed Down

by Hopkins Court Clerk
March 26, 2015 905

Teams 'Dodge for the Cure' during Relay for Life…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
March 26, 2015 892

Hopkins County Sheriff's Reports Released

by Hopkins County Sheriff's Office
March 26, 2015 772

Kentucky, West Virginia Governors Offer Friendly…

by Office of the Governor
March 26, 2015 707

UPDATE - OPD Seeking Public's Help in Locating…

by Owensboro Police Department
March 26, 2015 647

Muhlenberg Residents - Scam Warnings

by Muhlenberg County Sheriff's Office