Pick Your Community: | Hopkins | Muhlenberg | Daviess | Christian | Fayette | Henderson | Lakes | McCracken | Warren | Webster
Davis Motor Sales banner ad

Madisonville Fire Reports — December 24

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.

In Other News...

MPD Arrests Juveniles for Reason Rash of Arsons

MADISONVILLE, Ky. (4/19/14) — Detectives with the Madisonville Police Department Criminal Investigation Unit placed… Read More

WKU’s Top Business Students Inducted into International Honor Society

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (4/20/14) — The WKU chapter of the Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society in business inducted… Read More

Most Read This Week (Site-Wide)

April 16, 2014 19506

UPDATE- Sheriff's Office Following Leads…

in Top Stories by Taylor Riley, SurfKY News Reporter
April 17, 2014 4407

KSP Nabs St. Charles Man Wanted by U.S.…

in Top Stories by Trooper Stu Recke
April 16, 2014 3177

Sheriff's Deputies Nab Central City…

in Top Stories by Sheriff Curtis McGehee
April 17, 2014 2899

Meet The Hopkins County Magistrate…

in News by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
April 16, 2014 1642

Rand Paul - 'We Need a New President'

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News Reporter

Most Read Stories from Hopkins County

April 17, 2014 4407

KSP Nabs St. Charles Man Wanted by U.S.…

in Top Stories by Trooper Stu Recke
April 18, 2014 1136

Talking Teen Trashed Telephone Pole,…

in Top Stories by MPD
April 18, 2014 907

Earlington Traffic Stop Results in Meth…

in Top Stories by Trooper Stu Recke
April 17, 2014 737

Center Street-Island Ford Connector in…

in Top Stories by Rebecca Hanchett
April 19, 2014 735

Fifth Third on Main Street Comes Down

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director

Most Read Stories from Owensboro

April 16, 2014 980

New Home Health Care Opens in Owensboro

in News by Dennis Beard, SurfKY News
April 18, 2014 858

Daviess County School Board Hears…

in News by Dennis Beard, SurfKY News
April 18, 2014 814

One Arrested, Another Injured in Single…

in News by J.D. Marksberry
April 16, 2014 696

DCPS to Celebrate National Volunteer Week

in News by Lora Wimsatt
April 17, 2014 298

Owensboro Public Works Declares 'War on…

in Top Stories by Abby Shelton

Most Read Stories from Muhlenberg County

April 16, 2014 3177

Sheriff's Deputies Nab Central City…

in Top Stories by Sheriff Curtis McGehee
April 16, 2014 1323

South Carrollton Woman Injured in Head-on…

in Top Stories by Trooper Stu Recke
April 17, 2014 1256

Bremen Man Charged for Possession of…

in Top Stories by Muhlenberg Sheriff Curtis McGehee
April 16, 2014 1120

Three Injured in Kentucky 70 Collision

in Top Stories by Trooper Stu Recke
April 17, 2014 1077

Watson Family Tragedy Inspires Muhlenberg…

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News Reporter

SurfKY News Group, Inc. Central Office & Printing Division
1125 Nebo Rd.  •  Madisonville, KY 42431  •  270.452.2249 (fax)
Main Number: 270.452.2727 (phone)  •  Printing Division Direct Line: 270.821.8600 (phone)

SurfKY Owensboro News Bureau
920 Frederica St. / Suite 210  •  Owensboro, KY 42301  •  270.683-8060 (phone)


Contact a member of our staff: www.surfky.com/contact
Copyright © 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc.  •  Terms of Use  •  Site Map

social 06social 21social 22social 04social 03