Pick Your Community: | Hopkins | Muhlenberg | Daviess | Christian | Fayette | Henderson | Lakes | McCracken | Warren | Webster
Davis Motor Sales banner ad

Madisonville Fire Reports — December 24

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.

In Other News...

KSP Makes Drug Arrest in Marshall County

BENTON, Ky. (7/29/14) — The Kentucky State Police arrested Stanley N Anderson, 55 of Benton, for Cultivating in… Read More

WCSO Recieved Highway Safety Grant Award

WARREN COUNTY, Ky. (7/29/14) — Warren County Sheriff Jerry 'Peanuts' Gaines has been awarded a grant for the period of… Read More

Most Read This Week (Site-Wide)

July 28, 2014 2913

Madisonville Woman Arrested for Being a…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
July 28, 2014 2489

Madisonville Man Arrested for Endangering…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
July 25, 2014 2293

No One Injured in Truck-Train Collision

in Top Stories by Ami Clayton, SurfKY News
July 28, 2014 2031

Disagreement Over Killing Snake in House…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
July 25, 2014 1597

Business Spotlight - McQuady's Automotive

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News

Most Read Stories from Hopkins County

July 28, 2014 2913

Madisonville Woman Arrested for Being a…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
July 28, 2014 2489

Madisonville Man Arrested for Endangering…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
July 25, 2014 2293

No One Injured in Truck-Train Collision

in Top Stories by Ami Clayton, SurfKY News
July 28, 2014 2031

Disagreement Over Killing Snake in House…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
July 28, 2014 1517

Two Injured in Vehicle Collision on…

in Top Stories by William Roundtree

Most Read Stories from Owensboro

July 28, 2014 904

Zuberer Takes Over at Quarterback for…

in News by Steve LeMaster
July 28, 2014 829

Dont Miss Out on a Howl of a Good Time

in News by Brittni Bunn
July 28, 2014 624

Instant Admissions Day is Aug. 1, 2014

in News by Bernie Hale
July 28, 2014 346

Prosecutors Mull Over Whether to Charge…

in Top Stories by Dennis Beard, SurfKY News
July 28, 2014 239

Owensboro Police Department Activity…

in Top Stories by Dennis Beard, SurfKY News

Most Read Stories from Muhlenberg County

July 25, 2014 1597

Business Spotlight - McQuady's Automotive

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
July 25, 2014 1394

Business Spotlight - Blue Moon Car Wash

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
July 28, 2014 1092

Foot Pursuit Ends with Arrest

in Top Stories by Christopher Rogers
July 25, 2014 1031

Open Mic, Bike Night Offer Good Times in…

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News
July 28, 2014 1017

Boys of Broad to Launch Video at Cinema 4

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News

SurfKY News Group, Inc. Central Office & Printing Division
1125 Nebo Rd.  •  Madisonville, KY 42431  •  270.452.2249 (fax)
Main Number: 270.452.2727 (phone)  •  Printing Division Direct Line: 270.821.8600 (phone)

SurfKY Owensboro News Bureau
920 Frederica St. / Suite 210  •  Owensboro, KY 42301  •  270.683-8060 (phone)


Contact a member of our staff: www.surfky.com/contact
Copyright © 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc.  •  Terms of Use  •  Site Map

social 06social 21social 22social 04social 03