HOPKINS COUNTY, Ky. (3/15/14) – Free books will be given to children who take part in the “Ask Me” Button project, which starts Monday, March 17.
This is the 2nd year for the project, which is sponsored through Celebrate Literacy Hopkins County.
Hopkins County Schools students in preschool through 8th grade will be given green, yellow and blue bracelets bearing the slogan, “Read! Read! Read!” These bracelets will be passed out at the schools.
From Monday, March 17, through Saturday, March 22, volunteers wearing bright green “Ask Me” buttons will set up book tables at select local businesses and organizations.
During the advertised hours, students may go to the volunteer and ask for a book. The volunteer will then let the student pick out a free book.
Students MUST WEAR the bracelet in order to get a book.
Locations of the book tables, and times they will be open, will be listed on the Hopkins County Schools website.
Here is the list of planned locations:
Monday, March 17
- Rogers Jewelers, Parkway Plaza Mall, 4-6 p.m.
- Beulah Kangaroo, 4-6 p.m.
- Subway, South Main. 4-6 p.m.
- Nortonville Ideal, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 18
- Madisonville-Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce, 4-6 p.m.
- MultiCare – Owensboro Health, 4-6 p.m.
- Baptist Health Madisonville – Hospital Auditorium, 4-6 p.m.
- Hanson City Hall, 4-6 p.m.
- Bookmobile at Dawson Springs Library, preschoolers get a tour of the bus and can read stories with Ms. Mary and Ms. Shanna.
- White Plains City Hall, 3:15-5 p.m.
- Mortons Gap City Hall, 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, March 19
- Madisonville Fire Department, downtown station 4-6 p.m.
- Dollar General Store, South Main, Madisonville, 4-6 p.m.
- Bookmobile at Walmart, 4-6 p.m.
- Dollar General Store, Nortonville, 3:15-5 p.m.
Thursday, March 20
- Madisonville Police Department, 4-6 p.m.
- Cross Creek Apartments, 3-5 p.m.
- Merle Norman, 4-6 p.m.
- Dixie Pan, Nortonville, 3:15-5 p.m.
- West Hopkins School, 4-6 p.m.
Friday, March 21
- Hopkins County-Madisonville Public Library, Parkway Plaza Mall, 4-6 p.m.
- Walmart, 4-6 p.m.
- Nebo Service Center, 4-6 p.m.
- Pappy’s Store at Grapevine, 4-6 p.m.
- Brother’s BBQ, 4-6 p.m.
- YMCA, 3-5 p.m.
- St. Charles City Hall, 3:15-5 p.m.
Saturday, March 22
- Bookmobile at Lowe’s, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Information provided by Lori Harrison
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|