Officials said the investigation shows that the only heat source in the area of the fire’s origin was a candle, and the interviews conducted and evidence collected is consistent with this cause. It appears the candle’s container failed, causing the flame from the candle to ignite normal combustibles. The age and construction of the home is believed to have lead to the quick spread of the blaze.
Information provided by Abby Shelton
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|