OWENSBORO, Ky. (6/27/13) – The Owensboro Fire Department has released findings of an investigation into the cause of a house fire that occurred Friday, June 21, at 816 Triplett Street. The investigation, which was completed by the Owensboro Fire Department and insurance investigators, indicates the lightning analysis for the fire returned a negative result. Although there were 301 strikes in Owensboro in the two-hour period prior to this fire, none of those strikes were near or within several blocks of this address.
Officials said the investigation shows that the only heat source in the area of the fire’s origin was a candle, and the interviews conducted and evidence collected is consistent with this cause. It appears the candle’s container failed, causing the flame from the candle to ignite normal combustibles. The age and construction of the home is believed to have lead to the quick spread of the blaze.
Information provided by Abby Shelton
LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.