KENTUCKY (9/27/13) – SurfKY News would like to share with you what has happened on this day in history.
• 1660 - St Vincent de Paul, Vincentian Cong founder, dies
• 1825 - Railroad transportation is born with 1st track (Stockton-Darlington)
• 1864 - Jesse James' gang surprise attack train: 150 killed
• 1905 - 1st published blues composition forms sale, WC Handy Memphis Blues
• 1905 - The physics journal Annalen der Physik publishes Albert Einstein's paper "Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon Its Energy Content?", introducing the equation E=mc².
• 1908 - The first production of the Ford Model T automobile was built at the Piquette Plant in Detroit, Michigan.
• 1910 - 1st test flight of a twin-engined airplane (France)
• 1934 - Wilford Brimley, Salt Lake City Utah, actor (Gus-Our House, Cocoon)
• 1945 - Actor Richard Cromwell (35) weds actress Angela Lansbury (19) in Independence, California
• 1998 - Google is launched.
Information provided by historyorb.com
Copyright 2013 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|< Prev||Next >|