OWENSBORO, Ky. (6/7/14) — The Owensboro Police Department wants to be proactive in alerting the community to possible scam activity that may typically occur during this time of the year.
As Owensboro starts seeing more hazardous weather during the increasing temperatures of the summer months, there may be the need for home repairs associated with storm damage.
Be cautious as you enter into agreements for your needed repairs. Due diligence on your part may keep you from becoming the victim of a scam.
Here are a few general tips to keep in mind:
- Research the individual or company you are hiring to do work around your home.
- Check references on work they have previously performed.
- Be sure they present a valid business license.
- Be cautious if money is requested before any work is done.
- If you feel you are the victim of a scam, call the Owensboro Police Department at (270) 687-8888 to report that activity.
Information provided by Officer Michael Hathaway
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|