HENDERSON, Ky. (2/6/13) – Henderson County Schools is joining thousands of students, educators, parents and community members across the country who will be celebrating the second annual Digital Learning Day on February 6, 2013. Everyone is encouraged to try a new digital tool or activity and to showcase their innovative uses of technology.
The schools listed below will be involved with digital learning in their classroom:
1. Jeopardy PowerPoint for guidance classes.
1. Skyping with preschool students at Thelma B. Johnson Early Learning Center.
2. Creating online graphs and research on African American scientists/inventors for the Henderson County Public Library essay contest.
3. STLP (Student Technology Leadership Program) members will be designing t-shirts on Publisher for the 5th grade end of the year celebration.
South Heights Elementary
1. Writing classes will be creating a “Day in the life of South Heights” blog.
2. Reading classes will be creating a podcast of a class favorite book.
3. Math classes will create a weather forecast using the Smartboard and weather maps researched.
Thelma B. Johnson Early Learning Center
1. You Tube links for books being read by staff/students to promote literacy.
2. High school students made photo stories that will be posted on the website: (http://www.eschool.henderson.kyschools.us/rheaisenberg/authorillustrator-kristi-valiant/).
3. Skype Sessions throughout the day with other schools.
4. QR codes on games being sent home to link with the website to view stories read aloud.
For more information visit http://www.digitallearningday.org/splash for examples of activities, resources and ideas on how to get involved or contact Marganna Stanley, Assistant Superintendent of Administration for Henderson County Schools at 270.831.5000.
Information provided by Danielle Crafton
Photos provided by SurfKY Graphics
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|