Pick Your Community: | Hopkins | Muhlenberg | Daviess | Christian | Fayette | Henderson | Lakes | McCracken | Warren | Webster

Madisonville Fire Reports - Nov. 12, 2013

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (11/12/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following activity reports Tuesday, Nov. 12.

• MFD crews responded to a structure fire on Richmond Drive Saturday, Nov. 9 to check on the status of an extinguished electrical outlet fire.

About 10:57 a.m., MFD was alerted by the homeowner that she wanted firefighters to check and clear the structure to ensure the fire was totally out. The crew found a burned electrical outlet with parts of a power strip melted into the outlet. None of the breakers were tripped and the crew disabled the affected breaker. The refrigerator, which was connected to the electrical circuit, was switched to another outlet.

Crews advised the homeowner to have the wiring checked.

• On Sunday, Nov. 10 MFD responded to a fire inside Electro Cycle at 230 Baldwin Drive. At about 1:09 p.m., MFD was alerted by Central Dispatch that the fire was just inside the door.

Crews determined that the fire was contained inside a dust collection duct. There were no visible flames but the duct showed signs of being heated from the burning materials inside.

The maintenance personnel were advised to shut down the ventilation system and to cut power to equipment in the area. Water was used to cool the overheated duct and a thermal camera was used to determine if the fire had spread.

The fire was contained to the single duct, and crews continued to apply water on it until it had cooled enough to ensure there was no danger of re-ignition.

• An electrical short in a garbage disposal caused minor damage to an apartment on East Broadway. MFD received a report at 8:55 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 10 and determined the fire was in the C side of the apartment complex. A thermal image camera the fire was quickly discovered below and above the kitchen sink.

Crews forced air ventilation to vent smoke from the structure after opening the bedroom window in the apartment. It was determined that the fire had spread toward the cabinets, where a microwave was located. The apartment suffered minor smoke and water damage.

• An alarm activated at Baptist Health Hospital at 900 Hospital Drive at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12 was triggered by burned fan belts in the air handler unit of the mechanical room on the second floor of the East storage room.

Light smoke was visible in the hallway when crews arrived in the area where the alarm panel was located. Fire crews used both negative and positive ventilation fans to remove smoke from the structure.

SurfKY News
Information provided by Chief Steve Stolz

© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.

In Other News...

Woman Charged in Assault of 3-Year-Old Child

OWENSBORO, Ky. (8/29/14) — An Owensboro woman was charged with two counts of first degree assault following an… Read More

Owensboro Traffic Advisory

DAVIESS COUNTY, Ky. (8/30/14) — A contractor plans to restrict traffic to one lane on a section of Kentucky… Read More

Most Read This Week (Site-Wide)

August 29, 2014 5566

Luke's Flea Market Vendors' Home Away…

in News by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
August 26, 2014 4456

Owensboro Board of Commissioners…

in News by Beth Cecil
August 28, 2014 4188

Police Pursuit Spans Parts of Northern…

in Top Stories by Alex Piper, MCSO
August 26, 2014 4074

Family Has Close Call with Tornado

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News
August 26, 2014 3763

City Street Closures on Strawbridge and…

in News by Abby Shelton

Most Read Stories from Hopkins County

August 26, 2014 2114

Two People Injured When Vehicle Overturns…

in Top Stories by Matt Sanderson
August 27, 2014 1526

Crime Stoppers Top Most Wanted - August…

in Top Stories by Crime Stoppers
August 26, 2014 646

Whitfield Presents $1 Million FEMA Check…

in Top Stories by Amber Averitt, SurfKY News
August 29, 2014 594

MCC Announces New Board Members

in Top Stories by Joyce Riggs
August 26, 2014 572

McCay Chiropractor Presents Relay For…

in Top Stories by Amber Averitt, SurfKY News

Most Read Stories from Owensboro

August 26, 2014 4456

Owensboro Board of Commissioners…

in News by Beth Cecil
August 26, 2014 3763

City Street Closures on Strawbridge and…

in News by Abby Shelton
August 26, 2014 1599

City Hall, Transit, Sanitation Schedules…

in News by Abby Shelton
August 27, 2014 1211

Owensboro Police Conduct Investigations

in News by Dennis Beard, SurfKY News
August 26, 2014 1197

Happy Birthday to the Edge Ice Center

in News by Brittni Bunn

Most Read Stories from Muhlenberg County

August 28, 2014 4188

Police Pursuit Spans Parts of Northern…

in Top Stories by Alex Piper, MCSO
August 26, 2014 4074

Family Has Close Call with Tornado

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News
August 27, 2014 3368

Five Injured in Three-Vehicle Accident

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
August 26, 2014 2298

Annual Everly Brothers Cruise In…

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News
August 27, 2014 1740

Muhlenberg Job Corps Former Student…

in Top Stories by Karen Robinson

SurfKY News Group, Inc. Central Office & Printing Division
1125 Nebo Rd.  •  Madisonville, KY 42431  •  270.452.2249 (fax)
Main Number: 270.452.2727 (phone)  •  Printing Division Direct Line: 270.821.8600 (phone)

SurfKY Owensboro News Bureau
920 Frederica St. / Suite 210  •  Owensboro, KY 42301  •  270.683-8060 (phone)


Contact a member of our staff: www.surfky.com/contact
Copyright © 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc.  •  Terms of Use  •  Site Map

social 03social 04social 22social 21social 06